UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January 19 Here we go again!

Jazz

His shoulder seems to have just been a bump - he's had it xrayed and checked over and its all fine now thankfully :)  

Sue we did if and am about taking on a new dog - not just the sadness over Baddie but the recognition that in lots of ways life revolves around the dog (rightly so) but it means limited time leaving him alone, arranging our diaries to deconflict when we are working so they are never left alone over 4 hours, where we can go on days out, the cost of dog ownership food, treats, insurance, boarding costs on top of holiday costs etc. Baddie in the last 12 months of his life was costing us £108 insurance plus £30 medication a month and 20% of all vet visits on top of food and treats. It soon adds up and we regret and begrudge nothing about the cost, but when you've not had that cost for a couple of months and see the difference in the bank account ... it does make you pause.  Fred is only about 4 - younger than we've had in over a decade so we had to consider whether a younger dog would like our quiet home and whether we wanted a potentially fit, bouncy dog who might want 6 miles hikes with zoomies at the end of it - though I'm assured by Lisa Fred is actually "bone idle" and very often refuses to go on walkies he's that lazy lol we thought long and hard and talked and talked and we asked Lisa lots and lots of questions. Fred wasn't the only dog we'd seen and we had been approached by another rescue to consider one of their dogs who was very much in need but he wouldn't have been right for us so we said no. I think Fred is right for us & I hope he thinks we are right for him because all being well he'll be with us for a very long time. 

• Like 1

Is this the poor lady who had people turning up telling her they'd found her dog, when it wasn't hers after all? What a shame, she must be heartbroken. 

Griff, that's very kind of you but we need to go and find her a waterproof coat so we'll look for a harness at the same time.  We do still have one in a cupboard that belonged to Dylan, but even shortened right up it's too big for her.  When we first had Dyl he was a nightmare to walk...fine until he saw another dog, no matter how far away, then he turned into a demon, up in the air screaming blue murder! Made for interesting walks, I must say.  Once we sorted his problems out (two years later!) he was a dream on the lead.

Bloke is meant to be bringing our tv back between 1 and 3 today.  I've told them that I must catch the 2.55 bus into town as I have an appointment for a scan, I'm praying they keep to a reasonable time! The buses are 20 minutes apart, and that's assuming they run to time, as are the ones from town to the hospital so if they make me miss that one I'll be late for my appointment.

shame about the dog, but they have closure x

good luck with the scan xx

im due a scan, MRI and 2 operations, not had appointments for any yet

just been in the pound shop, they have stuff reduced to 25p so got some for the care packs

I hope the TV man arrived before you had to go to your hospital appointment Suzeanna and that that went OK.

Archie fell off the sofa. He was asleep and just sort of slipped off. Fortunately there is a nice thick shag pile type rug in front of his sofa so his landing was reasonably soft. 

Yes Suzeanna, it was the lady who had 2 similar dogs handed in to her which were not hers but were quickly reunited.  People were saying 3rd time lucky but it was 3rd time very unlucky. I was so sorry for her and did what I could to comfort her before collecting dog. Friends and supporters came to see her shortly after I had to leave.

We went to help with an old spaniel with heart problem in Lincs, but he wandered home before we arrived so we had a riverside walk instead. Notts is cold today but Lincs is even colder with biting wind.

I think you, Rob and Fred are going to work out just fine Snow. I don't think Lisa would have placed him with you if she didn't think so too.

Aw, that's really sad Owl. I know closure is good in one respect but it does end the hope of a happy outcome.

Archie 😍I think there's going to be a few hugs sent to you and your mum in the forseeable future.

Did the TV man turn up in time Suzeanna? Hope the scans went well.

I had just crossed to the bus stop as he drove up with the tv.  By the time he'd brought it in and I'd paid him I just missed the blasted bus. I got the next one and got a taxi from town to  hospital. Scan only took about 20 minutes in the end! Now got to wait until 27th to see the oncologist for the result.

• Like 1

Will have my positive hat on for thinking good thoughts for the scan result Suzeanna.

Well Archie was in good form this morning when his auntie Jan came to sit with him whilst I went to my hospital appointment. She was chuffed to see him looking so much better than when she last saw him between Xmas and NY. He ran up and down the garden in excitement and acted like a pup. He didn't seem to know her last time she came but he sure did today!

The council pest man should be making a follow up visit today. 

The council man has been and there's nothing on our attic. Some of the bait had been taken in the garden but only a little. I reckon it was the night of the day the trap went down as we had a small holly bush that had some mushed bird food clinging to it's leaves. It had been chewed that night so was promptly cut down and binned the next day. Following all of this our next but one neighbour shot two of the beggers as they emerged from under his shed. The trap in the attic and garden will stay for another week and if they've not been touched we will be in the clear.

What's everyone up to today? You all seem very quiet. How very dare you all have lives!

went to Tesco, they had just filled the chilled reductions so got loads of chicken pieces and pork chops. then went to the dry reduced where they had filled a shelf with pedigree gift boxes, with 5 bags of treats in, for £1.25 so me and another man emptied the shelf. got 8 boxes which ive taken out of the boxes and filled 2 carrier bags. then to the charity shop. got a dog bed, and dog toy box that can be unzipped to make a bed, and a 'pug mug' 2.50 for the 3

now home and cant breathe, so must have had fun

oh yes, went to the carpet shop, will get them to lay the lino. nice man called joel