UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January 19 Here we go again!

Jazz

Lucky enough to not have to work, but remember when I did so I feel your pain Pingu.

Been a real nothing day today. Dull weather but not cold.

Cooper is being strange on walks at the moment. He's become totally obsessed with looking for cats so every car has to be checked under and every garden peered into in case there's any there. He just wants to walk up and down a few streets checking them out. We used to walk for miles over the hills or along the beach but he doesn't want to do that any more. Think I'll have to start driving him out somewhere where there's no houses or cars and try and break his obsession. Apart from it being a mind numbingly boring walk for me he's not really getting the exercise he should be.

Not many people about - has everyone got lives? How dare you!

Candy gets like that with cats, Eve.  If she happens to see one under a car, that's it, there's one under every car in her mind.  She's only a little thing but she's pretty strong for her size and she's nearly had me off balance a couple of times when she's suddenly lunged.   Philip took her to the park for a run after her ball at lunch time, but they didn't stay long as other dogs appeared...how very dare they!  She's been mugged for her ball a few times, and bounced on by over friendly or over amorous dogs, and now the moment she sees one she just picks up her ball and runs back to the car.

My daughter and  her husband are on a Caribbean cruise, poor things.  I don't envy them all that sun and stuff.  Much!  Then in April they're back off to Greece until October.  I went wrong somewhere! Oh yes..I had children! 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, eve said:

Lucky enough to not have to work, but remember when I did so I feel your pain Pingu.

Been a real nothing day today. Dull weather but not cold.

Cooper is being strange on walks at the moment. He's become totally obsessed with looking for cats so every car has to be checked under and every garden peered into in case there's any there. He just wants to walk up and down a few streets checking them out. We used to walk for miles over the hills or along the beach but he doesn't want to do that any more. Think I'll have to start driving him out somewhere where there's no houses or cars and try and break his obsession. Apart from it being a mind numbingly boring walk for me he's not really getting the exercise he should be.

Not many people about - has everyone got lives? How dare you!

Meg has had phases like that, she looks round every gate post and in every door way just in case there is a cat. Two things have helped - firstly a bold pair of cats who will walk right up to her and miaow (its the ones that run that look exciting I think) and secondly to do some clicker training. I'm not very good with my timing for clicker work, but I can see it makes a difference. We use "look", so every time Meg looks at me during a walk she gets a click, "look" and treat.

The reason I never get into PJs before I actually go to sleep ... last night I had settled down with a book around 8 and just checked messages to find a frantic message from the son of a local lady in her 80s whose 15 yr old terrier is missing. Lots of us have been looking for him for the past 3 weeks, and I fear the poor old boy may have expired somewhere in the local scrubland. Anyway, the son is miles away and said his mum had called him and was making no sense. Someone had dropped off a terrier with her, saying he had found her dog, and rushed off to work. But she was pretty certain this was not her boy and didn't know what to do. Only 25 mins away so I drove there to find what on earth was going on. Not her dog but very similar. The local pet taxi lady who has a scanner arrived at the same time as the news was on local Facebook page. Not long before owners put him on the same page and I gave them a call, so a quick reunion. Dog was not perturbed, happily chasing a ball round the living room. Felt sorry for the lady whose terrier is still missing as that is the second one handed in to her which was not hers. The other one got home too.

I got back home around 10 and Wispa was not pleased with me for coming home late smelling of a strange dog.

Archie always got a bit miffed if I came home smelling of other dogs Owl.  George couldn't have cared less. 

Archie is only capable of short walks now but they are really slow because his sense of smell is the only one that is left to him in fully functioning condition. We have to stop every few steps whilst he does some prolonged sniffing.

I do hope that poor elderly lady gets her dog back but it doesn't sound encouraging with the lapse of time. If he's no longer in this world then the next best thing is that she finds out for sure.

Karen do you mean ginger or a proper red colour? I had fiery red (ginger) hair when I was younger but it's faded to the strawberry blonde I always wished I had back then. If you do mean ginger - just go for it! Mine was always being admired by all and sundry. I just didn't appreciate it at the time! 

No Karen.... just covering my grey lol.. well it didn't cover it.

Ooooooo do the red, you can always dye over the top of it! I have had , red, pink, purple blue..now I am boring and am a browny colour that is supposed to be blonde lol....also done away with my short crop and now have hair to below my shoulders

I had a phone call quite late on Friday afternoon from the Imaging department at the hospital.  Very apologetic lady, saying that because the scan I'm now having has contrast, I need an up to date blood test, the one I had in October is too long ago. So now I've got to get to the hospital tomorrow, go to xray reception where a blood form will be waiting, then down to the phlebotomy department to get one down so they'll have the results before Wednesday.  I might add...xray and blood dept aren't near each other and it's quite a hike, just what I need with my poor feet. (Letrozole has caused neuropathy in my feet and I feel as if I'm walking with stones in my shoes all the time.) She did say sorry, several times.  I'm due to have a blood test next week in preparation for my haematology appointment, I'm hoping they'll say they can do both tomorrow. I get fed up getting two buses to the hospital all the time.