UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January 19 Here we go again!

Jazz

No for sure Griff. You certainly don't want to continue as you started!

It seems to have turned a bit colder here. It has been unseasonably mild,

Owl I hope poor old Wispa has settled now after her night of distress. Also hope that the missing dog is, or has been, found.

Great news about the little girl Jazz. Told you you'd work your magic on her. What's her name?

Hope Wispa has recovered now, Owl, and there's no more fireworks.

It's been a gorgeous day here today, sunny and not too cold. Had a lovely walk on the beach earlier.

Went and watched my dad sleep again this afternoon lol. He didn't wake up once while I was there. He is looking much better though and the staff nurse said he'll probably go back to the home on Friday. He's got dysphagia, an aspect of his dementia that means his brain doesn't send the message to swallow when he eats and drinks and probably how he got dehydrated.

My next door-but-one neighbour has shot (airgun) and killed 2 rats emerging from under his shed. He  also killed 2 in his attic last year around the time of the pong. He was telling me that people at the back of us in the next street have been reporting rats in their attics for a while now and various other streets around here are reporting sightings.

Also he got his van broken into on Sunday night and disturbed the tow-rags, He was able to chase them but he was in his slippers which slowed him down so they got away. Nothing was taken, he brings his tools in at night, and the van wasn't damaged but it was open and he knows for a fact he locked it. He said they are able to get special keys for about £40 that open some vehicles. Last week 9 vans were broken into on a nearby housing estate. What with rats and robbers why do people find the lake district appealing 😜😱

My daughter has got rats outside her kitchen, in the drystone wall.  She doesn't want to put anything down though as there are cats around and she doesn't want them picking up poison (or poisoned rats!)

2019 hasn't started well here, our big tv has packed up! I was watching The Chase then pouf! no picture.  Still sound..but zilch picture wise.  I'll ring around tomorrow and see if it can be repaired, we can't afford to get another at the moment.  Philip was just saying he's sort of on an even keel money wise, obviously tempted fate!😢

The lovely greyhound who escaped last night in our village was killed on the road. Run free Bruce :( 

Well done with little Zoe, Jazz. 

Wispa still unsettled and miserable. I need to take her somewhere really nice tomorrow to cheer her up. 

9 pm Sunday 6 Jan Channel 5 "Do the right thing" features a story about my ex-friend Kate who turned out to be a career fraudster on the UK Most Wanted list. She is now out of jail on licence. Glad I have moved well away from anywhere I might happen to meet her out and about. I might be less than pleasant to her if I did.  She is not worth getting arrested for.