UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January 19 Here we go again!

Jazz

The state we are in, the only way is up! Fireworks started at 6, and Wispa who is moderately tolerant of them managed for a couple of hours then went into meltdown. Got her settled, fireworks quietened down then kicked off at 11.30 and went on for over an hour.  There are still a few getting on before 1 a.m. cutoff. I have never seen her in such a state in all the time we have been together. Staring eyes, panting, attacking furniture, trying to fight the bathtub! She has now shoved her head behind the door and is trying to get through the hinge. Next year we will drive out somewhere very remote and stay there.

So lucky that none of these three are bothered by fireworks, used to have total nightmares with all my previous dogs. Though there wasn't that many going off here tonight.

Big cuddles for Wispa, it's horrible seeing them going through such panic.

My drinking horns are always full Pingu - though they empty very quickly 😂

Poor Wispa! Dylan used to be terrified too, thunder had the same effect.  Thankfully Candy takes no notice of loud noises. Either there weren't any here or I slept through them. 

Must tell Philip to look out for a little het when he walks Candy later, one's gone missing near us last night. 

Not too many sore heads this morning I hope?

I feel hungover with no alcohol. Wispa is still a bit stressed this morning but at least her face is back to normal. Last night with huge eyes and jaw stretched wide panting she looked like a  bull breed. Nothing against bull breeds but when your pointer suddenly looks like one it is not good.

January is month for getting car checked out and then MOT on 20th. 

Happy New Year everyone. 

We had fireworks on Christmas eve and Christmas day and it was like downtown Beirut here last night which is why we normally go away at N.Y but with Archie being the way he is now it wasn't possible this time.

Thanks for asking about him someone in the last thread but with my feeble memory I've forgotten already who it was - my apologies. He is doing OK and has just gone for a little walk. Fortunately with his reduced hearing the fireworks didn't bother him last night. I don't know why the world hasn't just switched over to laser light shows. 

Mrs Snow how lovely to see you here again along with Mr Pingu. I am so sorry to hear about Baddie. 

I'd love for the forums to get a bit busier and it would be especially nice to welcome back some of the old forum members. I often wonder how they are doing and especially Alex Merle. She was still here up until about 2 years ago.  I don't do FB, fell out with it several years ago. I must say though we are a tight knit little group as we are and all so supportive of each other, it would be sad to lose that if there was a huge influx of new/old members. I think Pingu's wish of having a forum that is small enough to remain friendly but big enough to be a decent resource for rescue is the way to go.