UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Your Pets

Pingu

Obviously its been a while so am curious as to who has what pets now.

We are down to two dogs (Both Rotties Mylo and Bella) - Bella is not good with some other dogs so we can't bring any more in for now

Two Buns (Alfie and Mischief)

Three Guinea pigs (Rolo, Twix and Topic)

Two Gerbils (Calvin and Hobbes)

four Hamsters (Loki, Lagertha, and two whose names escape me atm)

and as of last night a hedgehog - too small to survive outside so has been brought in and will be released in spring 

I have 2 poochies...well kind of 3 

Dakota and Deagan 5&4 staffy mixes, both rescues and nuts and I buy the food for my ex's dog Molly...a German pointer crossed with a lab...she is 6 and I love her like my own

And my gorgeous 3 legged cat Dex who will be 21 on the 14th January.

Due to my health, I am not having anymore animals but my ex Steve will most likely get a German shepherd when he is in a better financial situation so I can get puppy cuddles then

I have two, both rescues from Irish Retriever rescue UK.

Murphy is a golden retriever/collie cross who will be 14 in February. He came to us as a 12 week old pup.

Cleo is golden retriever/german shepherd cross who came to us when she was 2 years old, She was given up with 11x 9 week old pups. She is or will be 10 years old. We don't know her actual dob, just that she 2 when handed in at the beginning of March.

Due to our advancing age I don't know of there will be any more. A sad thought as we have had at least one dog , often 2 and for a while 3 dogs since 1972

8 rotties! Good grief, your food bill must have been enormous.

We now have Meg - a 12 year old lab/collie cross who came to us from the Blue Cross almost 4 years ago after spending the first 8 years of her life living in a shed.

We are down to just 2 rabbits which is the smallest number in many years. There were still 4 rabbits a week and a half ago, but that's the penalty of having a group who are more than 13 years old. My new years task is to find a girl companion for Ginger Harry who is the youngest remaining one.

Edited by Karen
Grotty spelling!

I have 3 staffie crosses, Honey and Cooper who are 5 and brother and sister. Taken by the RSPCA from a hoarder who had multiple animals and we adopted them 4 years ago. And baby Nick who is now 3 and who we adopted 2 years ago from a local rescue when we moved to Scotland. He's so full of fun but definitely the smartest cookie in the jar and just makes everything work between the three of them.

Sadly at the moment we don't have any pets, Baddie (greyhound) crossed the rainbow bridge in November we didn't want to rehome over Christmas as we had family here with their little Patterdale terrier who we looked after for 2 weeks so it didn't feel right to try and bring in a new dog with everything so busy here. 

One cocker spaniel, Candy.  She's a rescue, from a multi dog household.  Also a little hamster called Max.  I can beat you for most dogs...at one time we had 14, admittedly only three big ones (dobes), the rest were Pomeranians and Papillons.  Oh and two cats at that time.

Still got Archie who is 15-and-a-half and has canine dementia. I lost George in 2011 and still miss him.

We had a fright with Archie last week and really thought he was going to Rainbow Bridge but he's still here. For how much longer we don't know. I think we might be pet less for a while after Archie's day as are planning on moving house so would at least want to wait until we get that all sorted. 

I lost honey yorkie and jerry maltese last year

Ive got mouse, 7yr old pug cross. merlin, 10yr old yorkie

I got luna a cross and hugo, bichon, to train up as my service dogs, to replace jerry, and so merlin can retire

my mental health isn't great. the psychiatrist said having the dogs is stopping me from killing myself. yes its that bad, so them and the fosters keep me going. im looking for a little yorkie girl, if you hear of one. I know shes out there somewhere

Edited by Jazz
forgot a bit