UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

So what TV shows are you currently into?

Pingu

• 2 months later...

I really enjoyed the latest series of In The Line Of Duty. I've loved all the previous series too, all available on catch-up and  Amazon Prime or Netflix , sorry I forget which.  Really gripping police drama all series have a linked theme although each series is perfectly watchable on a stand alone basis.

We are currently re-watching The Looming Tower. I think I enjoyed it  more on the first viewing. I'm struggling to stay with it this time around. It's a drama based on a true story set in the years leading up to 9/11 and how the various US agencies failed to work in unison. 

Edited by Yantan
missing word

• 4 weeks later...

I've recently watched the Netflix series Dead To Me which stars Christina Applegate. I've never cared a lot for her before but she is terrific in this. It's basically about a woman whose husband is killed in a hit-and-run. She goes to grief counselling and meets another woman and they strike up a friendship and from there the whole story takes off. I won't say more as it would give some of the plot away. It's not a long series and each episode is only a half-hour long. I do hope there is a second series. 

I have watched the first episode of Wild Bill, set in Lincs. A bit surreal but so in my experience is the real Lincs. Still trying to work out what police dog handlers were doing with wolfhounds.

There was a long documentary on BBC4 called The Raft which is available on iPlayer here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0005prp/storyville-the-raft 

Extraordinary tale of a psychologist who assembled a disparate group of people together and went with them on an unpowered raft trip westwards across the Atlantic riding the current. His aim was to study the causes of aggression in humans in order to create world peace. He was waiting for them to feel aggressive towards each other, but something quite different happened. I won't spoil it by saying what. One of the most interesting and moving films I have ever watched.

I saw a couple of trailers for Wild Bill but I don't think it's for me,

I've seen The Raft Owl and it was fascinating. 

We started The Hand Maiden last night. It's been around long enough that there are now 3 series available but I saw the film and tried to read the book and disliked both, so I have avoided this series until Ruby said "let's just try the first episode and see how it goes." The TV series is only based on the book so I think they may well have added to it. Anyway one episode down and it looks promising.

• Like 1