UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

So What is New?

Pingu

Apart from a change in the look and feel the forum has some spiffing new features.

the first one i will cover is "clubs"

Clubs

This allows you to form private areas with their own discussion areas, calendars etc

So for example say you run a rescue or  dog training club it allows you to have a private area for that organisation. As club leader and owner you can decide who has access, if its a private (hidden) club or a public one. You appoint your own moderators and can invite people or allow people to ask to be able to join.

When you first create a club it has basic functionality but you can add stuff from the "manage club" dropdown:

image.png

To Set up a club click on create new club from the clubs page and fill in the boxes. If the club does not have a physical location then just put a dummy address in.

This feature should give organisations the ability to have their own mini forums without having to host their own. No idea how this will take off (if at all) but lets see.

You can also use it for other purposes such as a book club/reading group etc

Pingu

• Pingu pinned this topic

OK So next thing is to tidy stuff up a bit. The software seems to be stable.

I have redone the site logo and done some behind the scenes tweeks to the appearance (tbh you probably won't have noticed but it makes the site load quicker)

I will now redo the main website using the colours and theme from here.

In the meantime there is another feature which may prove useful - Files:

Files

This allows you to share documents either board wide or within a club. So thing slike rehoming forms, homecheck formes, membership application forms and anything else you feel useful.

I will create some categories at some point but for now will leave it freeform

i couldn't see anything that may cause it unless you are trying to go directly toi a forum that hasbeen merged with others.

if this is the case you will need to modify the shortcut you are using.

failing that try clearing your browser cache and see if that works