UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Ooh My Back, My Belly And My Two Sides

Yantan

Sounds like a fun wedding Griff. Have a good night out. Try not to lamp anyone lol

Gentle healing thoughts for poor Archie.

Glad you got back in Suzeanna. Nick is our bird monitor - anything bigger than a blackbird is not allowed in the garden. All three of them are manic for squirrels though.

How's the foster doing Jazz?

Sounds like a good wedding, griff!

We have four male and 4 female pheasants coming to feed at the moment. We did have 10 of them one winter. They ignore the dogs and the dogs ignore them. Murphy crashes into them if they get between him and his frisbe

We also get an occasional visit from a red legged partridge. Cleo steps over it when it gets in her way.

Murphy's vice is voles and rabbits.

Jazz, if you have some yoghurt try a spoonful in the water. I have found that works to get them to drink.

JIm is progressing well and has now moved onto the ward.

• Like 1

Maybe we just need to make an effort on faceache to entice people back and bring some new friends with them? Frankly there are some real advantages of forums over facebook these days - the wheel is slowly coming full circle I think.  

I'm back too - my apologies for wandering off - no excuses apart from feeling that I was in danger of becoming a moaning minnie so I just stopped posting and that turned into stopped visiting for a while - must say though I've missed everyone. 

For those that don't know we lost Baddie in November so I'm currently dogless - Rob's starting to talk about getting another dog but whereas I was keen almost immediately and he wasn't  I'm now finding myself a little unsure - Baddie walked in when we were so heartbroken and he didn't put a foot wrong from the first minute to the last he was such a good boy in every respect its hard to imagine being so lucky again. On the other hand there is a dog that needs us so.... watch this space ... 

looking back at the posting stats i don't think i would like it to get back to where we were getting thousands of posts a month. would be nice though to have something that was of a size that was useful to rescues and gave a place less manic than FB for chats.

i think you are right in that the wheel is turning and IMO my big one is privacy. FB mines so much data and sells it on. I would rather have big companies knowing less about me.

I will be doing FB and other social media integration so posts can be shared etc but that's one of the things that currently isn't working so i need to put some more time in to fix that.

Theres also a 2nd element to the "privacy" in that all my family and now a wide circle of friends from real life etc. are all on my friends list and I am forever being asked "whats going on?" or "you didnt tell me that.." etc. etc. its become TOO public and whilst you can set up groups for different things its a pain in the behind to have to change who sees what post and then remember to change it back again - I'm also getting fed up of the non stop adverts or "sponsored" pages & groups littering my timeline and drowning out the posts I WANT to see. I have dozens of groups on "30 day snoozes" as I will go to the group if/when I want to read the posts - I've turned off all the settings but somehow the posts keep on coming unless I snooze them. Its soooo much more peaceful on a forum.

When you look at the members list and then at those  actually posting things have dwindled a lot.  I know some people fell out with each other and both left, some may have died, sadly. Often wonder about Alex (merledogs).  The only risk in trying to get more members is we could end up with the backbiting that saw the close of several groups. 

22 minutes ago, suzeanna said:

When you look at the members list and then at those  actually posting things have dwindled a lot.  I know some people fell out with each other and both left, some may have died, sadly. Often wonder about Alex (merledogs).  The only risk in trying to get more members is we could end up with the backbiting that saw the close of several groups. 

yeah it got a bit too big to control i think and then the inevitable happened. 

April 2008 there was a day when there were 901 new topics.. not posts but new topics... 

i dont want it to get back to that level of activity tbh

one of the beauties about the clubs feature is if someone wants to do backbiting they can do it with their group of like minded people within their own area - away from everything else. it can sit there and fester away out of sight... would be nice to think though that we could avoid that. i guess we will see

• Like 1

I'm so pleased you two are back getting involved Pingu and Snow, though we have had a cosy little group here who's company I really enjoy. Wouldn't want that to disappear completely. Though I guess the 'club' thing might help if it became too big again for some?

I'm not that active on Facebook so not worried what data they hold or pass on about me. Shock horror, the world will know I support Glasgow Rangers and live my life round my dogs. Though I realise it's an issue for some people.

So sorry about Baddie Snow - you'll know when the time is right for you. I can't imagine you being dogless though so I think you'll find each other soon enough.

I too miss Alex. She seems to have disappeared off the gardening forum we used to be on as well. I do hope she's ok. Also miss Jayne though I think she's still in touch with some people on Facebook.