UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Ooh My Back, My Belly And My Two Sides

Yantan

Griff just tell your dad to take his jammies to the pub and stop there until mum comes home.

I think that's a good result for the little dog Jazz. I hope it all goes well.

Karen I'm pleased the meds have worked for Meg and have my fingers crossed that the Vivatonin helps Archie. He is a little brighter today and definitely less wobbly than yesterday. He even wanted on his sofa this morning and accepted a bump up. He also got up when I came down first thing and wanted out for a wee. Yesterday he was just laying on the floor not wanting, or not able, to get up.

The vet weighed him and from his perfect weight of 14kg there has been a steady decline over the last year. The vet had it all on a graph on his computer screen. Archie is now down to 11.25 and looks scrawny despite having a pretty good appetite unless he is suffering with his acid reflux. We have to keep him on low fat food because of that. I've got a Tesco order coming tomorrow so I am putting a couple of steaks and some chicken breasts on for him.

Not surprisingly Ruby and I both woke up with stonking headaches this morning and both of my shoulders were giving me grief. Stress from yesterday I think!

Eve that's funny about the birds. Ours were back in the garden this morning looking for food but I can't risk it. Apparently the 2 neighbours on one side of us have known about the rat for a while. They believe it's living under next door but one's shed. The guy has had a trap out for the last 2 or 3 weeks. I can't believe they didn't call pest professionals in or bother to tell us!

Awwwww Archie...glad you feel brighter, we are the same with Dex...he lost 600g... which doesn't sound a lot but he was a max of 5kg.... and it makes a hoooooge difference, guess they are just like furry people, old people go really skinny don't they?

Brilliant outcome for the little dog

Been and got the cats medicine... was lazy and got the bus back..I couldn't manage the walk both ways

Have been away over Christmas but now back home and have been reading back.

I hope Eve's dad is improving.

Poor Archie. Vivatonin helped one of mine who used to ask out then stand and look around as of to say 'why did I come out here?'

My two were in kennels while we were away and had a visit for Santa. They seem to have had a good time there as when I put my fleece on to take them out Cleo started yodelling and barking at me. They get taken out into an exercise area two or three times day so she obviously had a good time and anticipated the same.

They are fed at 4pm in the kennels but at 5pm at home. They always try to convince us the 4 pm is dinner time when they come home. It is funny how a few days at the earlier time sticks.

Sounds like the little dog will have a better life now. Jazz. It is so unfair that innocent animals get born into horrible situations.

We had to come home a day early as Jim got a phone call from the hospital, two days before we went away, asking if he could come in for an operation on 28th I t should have been done a year past October but the surgeon left and it has taken this time to be re assessed by the new one and put 'on the list'. The efficiency of the NHS.

As it is an elective operation it was a case of wait and see when it would happen.

Has Jim had his op today? I hope it went ahead and he's recovering. What little tinkers trying to convince you 4pm is 5pm. How do animals tell the time anyway? Archie always used to know what time Ruby was coming home from work.

"Oh I'll keep the dog, oh no I won't" - she'd be off my list of fosterers messing about like that, or was she just someone who was holding the dog until transport was available? Either way it sucks.

I have made a turkey and ham pie from leftovers. Archie got some turkey too.

Omg...I am a div! I thought today was the 27th!!! I do hope Jim got his op and is recovering well

Lol.. Yantan, I have just made soup from some leftover veg... just Leek and potato but it was nice all the same.

My mum is safely with the family in Ireland, wedding tomorrow

hi all.. you may remember me from such antics as "starting the forum".

i have neglected here quite badly over the past couple of years but i am going to put some effort into bringing it back up to date and hopefully help some rescues out at the same time.

first step is to bring the forum software up to date.

i will be doing this later on tonight.

things may go a bit wobbly as there are a lot of differences between the old and the current version

lets see where this goes...