UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Ooh My Back, My Belly And My Two Sides

Yantan

I should have popped in earlier as I have been up since 6.30am thanks to Archie waking me up to let me know he'd peed in the kitchen. Nice.

I sat here in my jammies and dressing gown and let Archie out at his request and back in 5 minutes later just before I went back up for a shower.

Ruby was on her way down. She went to the kitchen to make tea and toast and brought it through to the sitting room only to find Archie had poo'd on the carpet. So we've had a lovely morning so far! LOL!

Euggghhh, not a great start to the day Yantan, we have the same with Dex some times, at least he has stopped peeing on the carpet! That was hard to try and hide from my dad lol.

Steve's at work this morning and his little autistic pal has gone with him for his shift, Chris is bus mad ( Chris is 33), a real bus nerd lol a lot of the drivers can be quite nasty to him and about him but Steve doesn't mind him being with him at all...so, Chris has been messaging me this morning letting me know where they are and telling me Steve has confessed he is a geek and bought a farming game... it's honestly the most boring thing I have seen but he has really taken to it and it relaxes him

Edited by griff
  • Like 1

As it is now officially winter we are sitting here with candles twinkling and our 3 lanterns stuffed with white fairy lights on. Can't see a bloody thing but they do look pretty.

On my instagram feed all the families of the Yank and Canadian dogs and cats I follow have their Christmas tree and deccies up already. For me it's too soon. I think we will probably put ours up the weekend after next. When do you put yours up if indeed you do?

I don't put any decorations up until the week before Christmas. I have bought a little outdoor light string and put on the now bare acer, it looks very pretty. That will stay all winter.

Philip got a letter from the hospital today, with an appointment for next Wednesday. That's remarkably quick! It does say that 9 out of 10 urgent referrals aren't cancer, just hope to any Gods around that he's not number 10.

• Like 1

Sending all positive thoughts for Philip, Suzeanna.

Aw Archie, your mum doesn't need presents like that first thing in the morning - or at any time for that matter.

That's nice of Steve Griff to give Chris time and attention. It will probably mean a lot to him.

I don't put our tree up till a few days before Christmas and don't do much in the way of other decorations. Doesn't seem a lot of point with just us and the dogs for most of the time and I'll only have to take them back down again in the New Year. Not that I'm a lazy mare or anything lol. My son and daughter in law will be with us for Christmas day so that will be lovely and we can all pop in and see my Dad for a little while, then we're all off to the football on Boxing Day. Just spending time together is more important than any bits of tinsel to me.

We'll all be here sending out positive thoughts for Philip's appointment Suzeanna :flowers:

We only put the tree up now and a few lights over the mantelpiece. We used to put a load of lights up outside but when we came to get them out one Christmas they were in an awful tangle so they got put back on the attic and there they've stayed ever since. I used to hang Christmas cards all over the place but we only get a couple of handfuls now as so many people chose to give to charity in lieu of buying and sending them - something I heartily agree with.

Ruby's finished that commission and already started another as the dog's owner has now decided he would like to surprise his wife with it at Christmas. Previously he said he wasn't in a rush. All being well she should be able to get it done. Just wait, I'll put money on someone asking her a week before Christmas if she can draw their dog/cat/house in time for the 25th!

Wishing all the best for Philip and thinking of you both, Suzeanna.

I had a shock last night at yoga class as the teacher took my blood pressure and for the first time in my life it is high. She has to know our blood pressure as there are some exercises unsuitable for people with raised pressure. It would have been considered average for my age at one time but now the emphasis on on keeping blood pressure on the low side. She has kindly lent me the sphyg for the week as it is automatic and easy to use, and I have decided to make an appointment with doctor. I normally avoid them like the plague because I have a bad reaction to every medication you can think of, but my friend and tracking partner will worry herself sick if I don't, as an apparently fit friend of hers had a stroke a few months ago and is unlikely to walk or speak again. I haven't tried to check pressure today as I got so upset about it being high that it will be even worse! On the positive side, this may explain why I have been so tired all year and maybe I might get to feel better if I can bring it down.

I don't put up anything now.

We go to my son's for s few days over Christmas so there doesn't seem any point.

We used to have lights on a tree outside but don't want to go away and leave them on and not having them on when away would advertise the fact that we are away.

We only get a few cards that get placed on a shelf in an alcove.

I only send about a dozen cards.

The dogs will be in kennels but the owner has said Santa will call on them.

We have builders removing our garage wall and rebuilding it.

When we went shopping on Friday they were hard at work but the boss said they would be finishing at 1pm as he had an appointment in the afternoon.

We came home just after 1pm and met him on the road. He stopped to tell us he may not be back on Monday as he had said.

Having dumped a load of massive boulders, he had returned to the house with the empty trailer intending to leave it on the drive.

As he pulled forward to reverse onto the drive a van came belting up the road and tried to overtake him. Unfortunately, although there is long passing place outside our house he was at the end of it. The van hit the side of builder's van and ended up in the ditch at the side of the single track.

the builder's van was dented and scraped all along the passenger side. He will need to get a courtesy van before he can come back.

The breakdown truck, with the other van on the back, was just ready to drive off when we arrived home.

It was all recorded on our CCTV so Jm sent the builder a copy of the video.

The van did have a company name on it but I only got glimpse of it and was not one I recognised.

Owl, the normal routine is to take three BP readings over 15-30 minutes as the fact of thinking about it can out it up.

When mine was checked the nurse took it when I went in, if it was up then after 5or so minutes and then at tend of the appointment.

The last reading was often the lowest.

I have 'white coat syndrome' so it was always sky high when in hospital. On one occasion when it was the automatic monitor it started bleeping as my blood pressure was so high. I was in for a day op and the nurse didn't want to let me go home. She dod , on condition I promised to see my GP.

He gave me a monitor to use at home for a week and decided no treatment was necessary.

Now , years later, it is now controlled by three meds.