UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Ooh My Back, My Belly And My Two Sides

Yantan

JIm had his op and the surgeon phoned me this afternoon, when he was finished, to tell me JIm was in recovery and would move to hIgh dependency later tonight.

I thought that was a nice touch as usually I have to search for he has gone.=- ICU, HD or a ward.

He said the operation had been hard for him as there was a lot of scarring from his previous operations but he had managed to complete it.

Stupid woman wasting everybody's time by changing her mind. I hope they don't use her again.

Nice to see you back among us , Pingu.

Blackmagic...I am the same, I had my tibia cut, a wedge of bone removed and it rotated 50° ....it was held together with 2 huge metal staples and I was told I wouldn't be able to walk for 6 weeks...4 days later, I was hoovering ...I couldn't help it, it needed doing and I was there...I have learnt that being patient is a good thing, I hope he can be occupied long enough lol

Aw Jazz, I'm sure you'll soon work your magic on her. Lots of good thoughts being sent her way.

And more being sent to Jim. Hope he manages to behave himself and gets the rest he needs.

No change for my Dad, Griff, except he's back on the drip. He was asleep the whole visit again yesterday. Think he'll be in there a while yet.

How's Archie doing Yantan?

:wavey: Pingu

Ooooooo this is a bit flash!!

Eve, hope your dad is better today

Hope Archie is doing well too

Jazz, hope the little dog is feeling better soon

Blackmagic, hope Jim is o.k today

Owl... hope you and Wispa are well

Suzeanna, hope you have recovered from your trip to see your family

Thank you Pingu and nice to see you here 👍

Archie had his acid reflux this morning but I caught it early enough that his antacid kicked in sharpish. He has mostly slept today and hasn't eaten yet, apart from a tiny piece of ham with his Vivitonin in it. He was clean through the night, first time in  long time😀

Sending continued best wishes for Jim and hope he soon recovers from his op. 

• Like 1

Thank everybody for the good wishes. Report from the hospital this morning was 'as good as can be expected'. When you phone they go and ask the patient how they are.

There is no fear of JIm doing too much. When he is ill he 'cannot' do anything. When he had his first op I had to nag him to do more than sit on the couch. I pointed out that he was not allowed to sit around all day in the hospital.  I was worried he would get a blood clot through not moving about.

When they said recovery was 3 months his idea is he is not able to do anything for three months then magically, over night, he is well!

I went to top up the shopping today and Tesco was heaving. It didn't help that there were bag packers operating- two at each till. It made the place look very crowded. I do not like getting my bags packed as they just put things in in any order and things get squashed at the bottom when they put heavy things on top.