UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Ooh My Back, My Belly And My Two Sides

Yantan

My friend suggested the repeat checking. I did it twice and it dropped by 21 and 11 points. So it is not consistently high but bouncing around and inclined to rocket under stress. So not as dire as I thought but definitely unstable.

I have extreme white coat syndrome and feel sick with panic just walking into a surgery.

I check my own BP all the time and it's usually around 110/80 but when I go to see the doctor or nurse it's goes way up. White coat syndrome like you blackmagic. When I have an appointment I do a BP reading every day for a week and take them in with me.

The nurse told me the best thing to do if you find yourself feeling a little stressed by the thought of taking your BP, or when they take it, is to sit nice and quiet & no talking for a few minutes beforehand and think of nice things you like.

Sounds like good bargains Jazz. Are you making up care packs for disabled people? What does that entail?

I had to have my BP checked when I moved up here and joined a new practice. Registered quite high first off but 2nd check 5 minutes later was normal. Don't think I've got a white coat phobia but just not used to going to a surgery. Not wanting to tempt fate but apart from the usual colds and sniffles I'm never ill and haven't needed to see a doctor for over a decade, and that was just for a rash that disappeared without any diagnosis or treatment.

Had a quiet weekend, didn't get up to much apart from seeing my Dad. He has days of not speaking - just points at things and you have to guess what he wants. Today was one of those days and I think from his expression I mostly got it wrong lol.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. We should have sunshine tomorrow, hope that's true xx

there is a facebook group I belong to, for chronically ill people. they make up care packs, anything to make a person smile. chocolate, colouring books, my friend makes cards and bookmarks to go in them. ive bought soaps, smellies. a lady gets it altogether and sends them out to people who have been nominated for one

• Like 1

3 nights in a row now Archie has pee'd in the kitchen. It's starting to affect the laminate, which I hate anyway but as we hope to sell the house next year I don't want to be forking out for new kitchen floor coverings.

The lady who commissioned the dog portrait for her husband has seen a photo of the finished article and loves it. She's coming to collect it today and bringing her dog with her so I can meet her as I have rather fallen in love with her pictures.

Good start to the week at the owlery :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: because I found my debit card. I had been grubbing around on car floor under seats, between seats etc and had searched the big shopping bags which live on rear seat and hold all the bits and pieces we might need when out and about. The one place I had not looked was UNDER the bags. Had a final check this morning before ringing bank to cancel card, and it was there under one of the bags. I feel like an idiot but am very relieved.

• Like 2

Portrait has been collected and the lady was very pleased with it. Her dog is gorgeous. Such a little poppet. Archie was OK with her and just had one little grumble. Had they met off his property he would have loved her as he has a penchant for pretty girls who are smaller than him. In fact he particularly likes all dogs who are smaller than him - there aren't that many!

I'm glad you found your debit card Owl. Saves a lot of bother with cancellations and waiting for a replacement.

So pleased you found your card, Owl and that the lady loved her portrait, Yantan.

Our tv's have been breaking up quite badly, aerial chap came out today and it looks as if we need a new one, oh joy! More expense! I hung up on the first company I phoned, bored sounding woman answered the phone with 'ello? Is that the aerial repair place? Yeah. Never mind, put the phone down. Even if it's a one man band with wife/mother answering the phone, I think she could have sounded rather more professional, rather than either half asleep or bored to death. Am I just being picky?

No Suzeanna, you're not just being picky. Basic customer service seems dead and gone for a lot of firms these days. Gawd knows how they survive unless people are so desperate they put up with it. I don't and would have done the same as you.

So pleased you found your debit card Owl. Saves a a lot of hassle.

That sounds a great group who sort out the care packs Jazz, what a lovely thing to do.

Glad the lady loved the dog portrait Yantan.

Was absolutely gorgeous here today. Really sunny all day, though a tad chilly. Got out in the garden for a couple of hours which was lovely. Lots of bulbs starting to poke their noses through which cheered me up with the thought of spring coming.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. There was a heavy frost here overnight. My car is now slowly thawing.

Poor Archie has another bout of acid reflux. When he was younger the vet said if it started coming on more frequently they might need to do a surgical intervention. I think we might be at that stage now but there's no way we'd put him through major surgery now at his age.

I so agree about service not being what it was. My particular bug bear is sales assistants carrying on their conversations with each other whilst they serve you. When I was in retail it was a complete no-no. The customer rightly got your full attention. I have to say hats off to all the courier delivery service drivers who come here though whatever the company. They are all very polite, cheerful and helpful. We've not had a bad 'un - though I've just put the kibosh on that haven't I!

Poor Archie, hope reflux settles down.

Very frosty here and the little water bowls I put out for the birds never completely thawed. There was still a disc of ice in each of them. Wispa and I went for an hour's walk in a deserted part of Clumber Park. Saw lots of tree creepers and lesser spotted woodpeckers, and a huge variety of fungi.

• Like 1