UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Harvest Festival Of Sharing

Yantan

I've got the heating on and a jumper and I'm still not very warm, you made me shiver mentioning shorts! I was trying to do up a zip on a cushion and it slipped and ripped my thumb nail, made it bleed! Dratted thing is split right down the middle like a lot of my fingernails (thanks, chemo tablets) but it's really sore now and although I know I have some plasters somewhere I can't find them.

New oven is coming tomorrow, I've just been looking at the measurements of it boxed and I have a sinking feeling it's not going to fit past the unit in the hall. That's going to take a lot of emptying to move. Arghhh!

Sunny and cold here too, but lovely out walking the dogs. I love mornings like these, the sun making the frost sparkle and the air feeling fresh.

That's annoying Suzeanna. A job you could do without.

Lol @ Archie. You can never be too careful with scary new things in your house, you know.

Happy anniversary Griff's mum and dad.

Hope everyone has a lovely sunny day.

• Like 1

Congratulations to your parents Griff on their anniversary.

Suzeanna it must be a day for finger and nail mishaps. I was putting the shopping away after a Tesco delivery and dropped a tin of soup on my middle finger right at the base of the nail. I now have a lovely blood blister and the nail is throbbing like crazy.

• Like 1

Got there eventually, Archie.

All cosy watching TV this evening in lounge. All 3 of us. Wispa. Me. A mouse. Sitting on a shelf a yard away from me. Dived into the hole it came in through, so will do polyfilla tomorrow.

Good day yesterday at the reserve autumn fair. Nice weather though cold, plenty of visitors. I didn't need to do much at the dormouse project stand, as the guy with me was very knowledgeable and keen.

Happy Birthday Griff, and may you have many many more xx

Owl, don't you think walling in the mouse is a little unfair? It might have been enjoying the programme you were all watching!

After careful measurements, Philip announced they'll be able to get the oven through the hall with no problem. Hmm. He'd better be right! According to their text last night, they're coming between 12.45 and 4.45. Watch this space! A lot of things in this house haven't been done properly, I think the local branch of Bodgit and Scarper must have been involved so I'm just praying that a) they can get it in the kitchen, b) they can get the old one out (the lead seems to go behind the tiling!) and c)they can get the new one in, and it works.

Jazz, why can you use emoticons, when mine are greyed out? I wanted to put some on for Griff. Sulking now.