UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Harvest Festival Of Sharing

Yantan

Great news for Ruby.

Wispa continues to do well on the herbal remedies. We had a pleasant walk today exploring a footpath we had never tried before. Canine Seasonal Illness is bad this year so we are avoiding Clumber, Sherwood and the woods around Bawtry. Sticking mainly to field and riverside walks, and our usual walks on the reserve.

• Like 2

Suzeanna - having seen your pics on Facebook I think that hair colour would suit you, and the style is lovely.

That's great news about Ruby Yantan. Everything crossed she stays cancer free. Did she get signed back to work?

Pleased Wispa is doing well on the herbal medicines. I hadn't heard of Canine Seasonal Illness before. Is it region specific? Must go read up on it.

Drizzly here today with some amazing rainbows when the sun manages to get through. Think this area gets more rainbows than anywhere else I've ever been. We still managed a good walk without any staffies dissolving lol

Hope everyone is well and has a good day xx

I've been to physio this morning and got a new exercise which I rather enjoy doing!

Can anyone remember all that bloomin trouble we had a couple of years ago when we had the scaffolding and builders in our garden attending to next door's gable end? Well we've had a persistent damp problem appear in Ruby's bedroom which has soaked down into the sitting room. It's done so over time but has been OK this year with the long hot summer.

However we got the builders in to check it all out before we start decorating in anticipation of selling the house. Well those bloody cowboys employed by next door are the cause of the damp! The re-did the lead flashing at the point where their side wall meets our roof but they used no 3 lead instead of no 4, they didn't cut a chase to fit it in but stuck it on (which is a still a legit way of doing it) but they used the wrong sort of adhesive and didn't cut the lead to the right width meaning it was casting the rain water onto our slates, 5 of which they broke! When our builders lifted the lead it was all damp underneath. They've taken photos for us as I am going to let the owners, a local Quaker group, know about the shoddy workmanship. It's too late now to make a claim against them and in any case neither Ruby or I want the aggro. Our builders have replaced the slates and made it watertight.

Eve Ruby has gone into work today just for a couple of hours and then she is doing a "phased return" starting next Tuesday. However she has booked a 2 week holiday in November and tagged another week onto her Christmas break so she won't be over doing it - at least I hope not!

Grey, overcast and showery here.

Edited by Yantan

Thanks Eve..Philip likes that colour too, I usually use Nice n Easy to colour my hair, will have to see if they have something that shade. When I was young...sigh...I changed my hair colour practically every month, it's a wonder it's lasted as long as it has.

Good thing you've got the roof sorted before the weekend Yantan, I think we've got a lot of rain forecast for Saturday.

Glad Wispa is doing well, it's sad to see them slowing down with age but it happens to us all. I think Candy is older than we first thought, she's at least 8 but could be more. She still loves to chase her ball on the park, but she cuts the sessions shorter now. As soon as she's had enough, she picks the ball up and just goes back to the car! Seems to need a longer sleep afterwards, too.

• Like 1

Archie always comes in and falls asleep after a walk Suzeanna. In fact he spends most of his time sleeping these days. He stayed pretty spry and alert up to his 13th birthday with a slight down turn between 13 and 14 but since he hit 15 there's been a noticeable decline. I hope Candy has a good few years left to her - same for you as well :flowers:

Good idea Griff. I'm rather puzzled. I changed my profile photo on Facebook the other day as some of you know. Got a notification that a guy we sort of know (far flung relative of Philip's) has shared a photo I put on fb. When I checked to see what, it's my photo. Bit baffled as to why he'd be sharing it to anyone!

Suzeanna ask him why he shared your photo and let him know you are uncomfortable with it - if indeed you are.

We had a deluge here yesterday afternoon and early evening. It was still pretty bad when I got up. It finally let up about 11 so Archie and I had a look out then.

Dry today but heavy rain forecast for tomorrow and a high of 9!

I'm puzzled more than anything Yantan. Never met this chap although we meant to when they lived in Matlock. He and Philip share a pretty unusual surname and his wife was called Sue, same as me. She died a few years ago and he moved to Norfolk but he always comments on my birthday and Philip's and often likes my posts. Never met her but maybe we look alike or something. Just strange.

Today has been a nightmare! Dad took his car back to get the mot pass, the car died on the ramp...I told him to mention to the mechanic the other day about it struggling to start but nope! They are off on holiday tomorrow so we went to tax his sports car...2buses didn't come and 1 had broken down and there was allegedly an accident. Got to the post office... really rude people and then they couldn't do it as it was sorn. So back home to get the v5, I went to a different post office on my own, wanted to use a credit card...they couldn't do it, I ended up putting it on my Debit card. Went to get the bus back....2buses missing, I rung and asked what the problem was...a bus is broken down and traffic! So I said I called 2 hours back and was told the bus was broken down, are you telling me that you haven't sent another bus out....nope, so I went absolutely nuts lol. The woman I spoke to is the one I am certain gave out Steve's new number to his ex, if I can ever prove it,god help her...I will have her done for breaching data protection