UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Harvest Festival Of Sharing

Yantan

Had to smile yesterday, we'd taken Candy for a walk by the Cromford Canal, met plenty of others with dogs but got chatting to one couple in particular, with a very friendly young bulldog. We caught up with each other near the refreshments place and were talking, he's Scottish, she's not..he said she has Complex Reginal Pain syndrome so I said about my cancer (wouldn't normally mention it). He asked Philip was he retired and he said no, four years to go yet and he said Ah, you should retire now and look after your wee lassie! First time I've been called a wee lassie..though some of the older men round here do say Morning Lass. It's a nice idea but can't afford it...ah, says he, there's more to life than money. True, but sadly it doesn't help when it comes to paying the bills.

Didn't realise you were Meals on Wheels Griff, if he turned his nose up at carrots when I'd made an effort he'd find one up his nose!

HOpe all goes well Yantan. On the subject of kettles ours came from BHS..which doesn't help as they don't exist now.

Off to a local Turkish restaurant tonight for our anniversary meal, just hope we like Turkish food. It does seem a lot like Greek, and we like that so should be ok.

• Like 1

Ooooo how lovely Suzeanna, have a lovely meal!

Haha, normally I would chop the carrots but by the time I would have bought everything it would have cost about £5.... it's not that he is fussy, he was force fed carrots as a child and was very very sick afterwards so now can't stand them.He is still alive despite my cooking and when I asked was it o.k he said yes... something else he can have. I like cooking but because I am veggie, my dad prefers to have meat and I don't see the point in cooking just for him as he would end up eating whatever until it came out of his ears...this way, I get to cook, dad gets dinner and so does steve

Can't you leave a gate open so they can just collect it? Or is it likely to get nicked? I know that might sound unlikely, but it's amazing what some people will steal!

I noticed when I washed my hair yesterday before we went out that more than usual seemed to be shedding, hope it's not a sign of things to come! If it does get thin I think I'll have it cropped short and buy a wig, and change the colour too. I quite like this one...http://www.uwig.co.uk/straight-style-cropped-length-auburn-color-wig-skucw21001.htmlNot sure if the colour would suit me though, I'm dark blonde at the moment.

• Like 2

Suzeanna, they need to get it up a slope and through the gate, I want to watch them get it out incase they damage the new fence...and yes, it could well get nicked, there have been a lot of burglaries and cars been taken here, dead bold they are too... breaking in in broad daylight!

Ooooooo that's lovely Suzeanna, you could always ask your hairdresser their advice on what colour suits you. I went through a stage of losing a lot of hair, mines very thick though so wasn't too noticeable, is that a side effect of the chemo you are on? I find it amazing how many different types there are and how widely the side effects vary

Ah, I see. There was something on the local Calendar News yesterday about a car dealership in Sheffield..poor bloke came into work to find 14..yes, 14 high end cars had all gone overnight, Mercs etc. Some were already sold and waiting to be picked up. He said in all his years he's never had anything like this before. People in the area did say they heard several cars being driven fast late at night but thought nothing of it!

It's partly the chemo and partly the Letrozole, a lot of women taking that say their hair has suffered badly.

Probably won't help but I started taking hair skin and nails tablets from Wilko...about £3 for the month, my nails are a lot better.

The new keyless entry and start cars are a prime target here, loads have gone in seconds off people's driveways

I like that wig Suzeanna - it's my current hairstyle!

I hope they come today for the mixer Griff.

Ruby's surgeon told her that her tumour was HUGE and as they are slow growing it's likely she'd had it for years! He also told her she has an 85% chance of the cancer not returning but if does the type she had is the one they know most about and have a good track record of treating successfully. She will have another CT scan in February and then every 6 months for the next 5 years.

Archie was well looked after by his auntie and uncle and was actually hand fed whilst lounging in his sofa. I expect he's going to give Ruby and I our P45's.

Got a £12 kettle in Asda which is impressive for the price. Stainless steel and pretty stylish. Ruby has it in mind to get one of those taps that boils water when we move so didn't want to spend a lot.

• Like 1

Great news about Ruby, Yantan. Fingers crossed it has gone, never to return. Yep, Archie will be expecting you to hand feed him from a golden bowl now!

Griff, can't you phone and say you WILL collect it at such and such a time, I have better things to do than wait around all day?