UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Tell Us About It

Jazz

I watched the Wonky Donkey video last night and went to bed laughing. I need to get that book for Evie and her brother, Tristan.

Good news on the boiler Suzeanna and just in time for winter.

I missed my mammogram appointment on the 4th. For some reason I read it as being the 24th and wrote it on the calendar for then. This morning I got another letter offering an appointment on the 9th Oct and wondered why they'd sent me another one. I re-checked the letter and spotted my mistake and was instantly mortified.

Make sure you go, Yantan.

The gas engineer bumped the water waste pipes whilst he was rummaging under the sink and now I have a leak. A very big leak. The thread seems to have gone on the thing you tighten over the two bits of pipe where they meet as it doesn't do anything! Got some duct tape and put on enough to seal the Titanic, but the bloody thing is still leaking. Got hold of one plumber who can't come til Monday and wants nearly £90 without parts! Argh, it's never ending.

The duct tape says it's waterproof, but apparently not. Being in crunched position on the floor and trying to fix it has knackered my back and my shoulders and my legs and well, everything so I've taken some painkillers and I'm going to bed. Sod it. Let it leak, I don't care.

You need amalgamating tape Suzeanna but I'd be the same as you after trying to stop the leak and knocking myself out - let it leak.

Is there no one who could go to the chemists for you Jazz?

I forgot to say I have been watching The Americans this week. Thanks for whoever recommended it. Of course with my failing memory I cannot remember exactly who it was!

Also I ordered a 2nd hand copy of the first book of The Outlanders series for which I paid £4.50ish which included delivery. It arrived this morning and it's almost new, there is just a very slight single crease in the spine, the rest of it is immaculate. If I like it I will order the 2nd book from the same company - World Of Books.

Last day of doing gardening stuff. Our resident visiting dog was there to help. Feel so sorry for him as he is left to his own devices all day. Spends all his time from early to late every day outside our house and comes on all the walks with the dogs.. If we were here permanently I'd maybe try to get his owner to let us adopt him but we're away now for 5 months so not an option. Can't cope with 4 dogs in Scotland really, especially as he is a Beauceron, which is a pretty large dog. Feel so guilty leaving him though. He's lovely.

Aw Eve, that poor dog. It must be hard leaving him. I can never fathom why some people get dogs only to neglect them in some way.

Archie is suffering with his acid reflux this morning. Ruby took him for a walk but turned round and came home as he was very obviously not enjoying it. He's had a second dose of his antacid so fingers crossed that it works and he soon feels better.

I have a jumper on today and Ruby has just been to get a cardigan, it's turned a lot colder all of a sudden.

I'm debating whether it's too soon to put the heating on in the evenings!

I went to Screwfix with photos of our plumbing and the consensus was try and get the offending bits off, and bring them in then they will know exactly what is needed. Since my aches from yesterday are still present and correct, I'll leave that for Philip to wrestle with I think.

Groomer is coming for Candy this afternoon, Candy will not be a happy girl..she runs to the door to see who it is, sees Andrea and backpedals into the kitchen as fast as possible!