UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Tell Us About It

Jazz

The pathology report is back. The tumour was cancerous but there is no evidence of spread & the margins were good. Ruby will have to have regular CT scans in case the cancer does comes back. However if it does it's the most common type & they know lots about it & when caught early they can usually treat it successfully. Bar the best news being that the tumour was benign this is the next best according to the surgeon. Phew!

• Like 1

Wonderful news, Yantan. So happy for you both.

I have to ring vet and see what arrangements can be made for dog-reactive dogs. Previous one let us use a side entrance. Nothing urgent but Wispa has put on a whole lot of weight and has much less energy. I suspect underactive thyroid.

• Like 1

Ruby says thank you very much for the good wishes through all this. She is feeling much better now - well that is apart from her arm after last nights injection of blood thinner. It hurt when I administered it and has swollen up and throbbed ever since. It is an acknowledged side effect but still it's the first time it's happened in almost 3 weeks of daily jabbing.

I hope you get Wispa into the vets OK Owl and all is well and if anything is amiss that it is easily treated.

merlins at the vets friday, hes got a bad ear, and get this mass looked at

i went to the chemist, see if he could give me something for my eye, he said see the doctor, so came home, rung up, they said come now, she said go to a+e, so having some dinner then going up there

Vet receptionist was very understanding on phone and has booked us in for appointment at end of surgery on Friday. I have to check in at desk and if any animals are still in waiting room they will let us in through side door :)

I will have to explain to vet that while Wispa is not lethargic by normal 11 year old dog standards she is lethargic by Wispa standards.

• Like 1

Vet receptionist was very understanding on phone and has booked us in for appointment at end of surgery on Friday. I have to check in at desk and if any animals are still in waiting room they will let us in through side door :)

I will have to explain to vet that while Wispa is not lethargic by normal 11 year old dog standards she is lethargic by Wispa standards.

I had that with my Dalmatian. At 10 years old people thought she was a puppy her normal was so active. So her less active was other dogs' normal.

• Like 1

Excellent news for Ruby, I bet you are both much relieved!

Glad your vet is understanding Owl, some of them aren't so good.

We had a new boiler fitted yesterday, got it through Boxt. I must say, I was very impressed with the two guys who came to do it,very polite, put covers over all the stair carpet (boiler is upstairs) and were totally unfazed by the unexpected problems that they were faced with. The biggest one was the gas, when they checked the pressure coming from the gas meter it wasn't high enough so they called an engineer who amazingly was here within 20 minutes, older chap who peered at it and said oh dear! My heart sank..then he said no, I can sort this. One of the boiler fitters picked up a mug and asked was this his tea? Mournful voice from the gas engineer saying well, it's not mine, I haven't got one. Break out the violins! One mug of tea and a happy engineer later, he managed to sort out the problem and the gas is now at the pressure it needs to be. They put the heating on to test everything and we all ended up roasting, but at least I know it works. I've also now got one of those thermostats you can control from your phone, so if I'm say at the hospital and think I want heating on when I get back I can do it. Very fancy, and included in the price.

Speaking of hospitals, got a letter with my next appointment with an oncologist,7th December at 9.15. I can't get there easily at that time by bus, Philip will have to be late to work that day and take me over.

• Like 2