UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Tell Us About It

Jazz

Uurrgghh. I am full of cold. Ruby says she will slay me if she catches it. She's gone down to the pencil museum again to take some stuff for the exhibition. She's getting me cough sweets and Beecham's powders on the way back.

She rang the car repairers this morning to ask when her car was coming back as it's a week tomorrow since it went in. They said they haven't finished it as they are waiting for a part from Audi. We were both surprised to hear that as it did seem as though the damage was very minor and would just require some touch up painting. We wonder if it was being stretched out because its an insurance job :whistle:

Yes Yantan...it could be being stretched out but...it should be one price for the whole job, not how many days they have it, trouble with vehicles now is that they are crumplezones and a lot of plastic so a small bump can actually cause a lot of hidden damage, also when you strip bits out, things break as again... plastic

Hope you are feeling better soon and keep your germs ta

• Like 1

The Lancaster flies from time to time over the summer but only in the calmest of weather. I saw her at Shireoaks near me a few months ago. She made several passes. What struck me was how manoeuvrable she is for a plane of that size and that age.

Took car to garage with much trepidation. Started this morning after several tries. Needs new glo plugs. I feared worse. But also needs front brake discs and pads, and the 4th wheel bearing is on the way out. The others have been done over the past couple of years so this one was only a matter of time.

Well I slept propped up last night as it was the only way I could get some rest. I am using hand sanitiser in a bid to lessen Ruby's chances of getting this cold. I also have the front door open, though it is a tad chilly. I thought some fresh air circulating in the house was preferable to being closed in with my germs.

The surgeon has still not rung with the results of the pathology tests so Ruby is planning on calling his secretary this afternoon.

Owl I hope the work to the car doesn't cost you too much. That's the reason I finally got rid of my beloved Volvo estate as more and more bits needed repairing and the costs were spiralling.

Hope your cold's easing off Yantan and doesn't affect Ruby. Did she get her results from the consultant or his secretary in the end?

Pleased your car didn't need too much doing Owl.

Did you have a fun afternoon out Griff? Hope the builders don't start too early tomorrow.

We're going back to Scotland on Saturday. Well, we'll break the journey at M6 toll services on the Saturday night then do the rest on the Sunday. All of a sudden there seems so much to do before we go and not much time to do it. Feeling weary and fed up lol.

Awwwww, hopefully no more bills Owl

Marion, I use the Wilko wipes 50p

Eve.....I wish I drove...I would meet you at the services

My lovely mum has got me a early birthday and Christmas prezzie....GHD Hair straighteners!!!

Only nipped to Steve's...via Iceland to grab him some bits and had a coffee and back home