UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Better Be A Good One

Jazz

dont we have the best jobs?

need a wee sample from mouse, but she likes to wee privately and is so low to the ground i wouldnt get a pot under her.

luna and rosies rough play just went too far and ended in a fight, everyone joined in. all before 8am

I wish someone would remind me when we get to the first of the month. I think everyone has gone quiet as the new thread doesn't show up on my "View new content" and I have to go looking for it - that's once I realise we are in a new month! I am off now to change the calender!

Hahaha Yantan..I will try to give you a nudge!

Well, dropped the sample to the vet, nipped to town to get some sweet potatoes and see Steve and back home tooooooo poop in the dog crate!! Rung the vet, he is giving us some meds

I hate waiting around for people to arrive especially when they aren't the punctual sort - or the sort that don't turn up at all!

My friend and her husband are in London, having arrived around 10pm last night. I got a text from her this morning to say they were in the queue (well "line" as they call it) for Westminster Abbey. I am swapping cars with Ruby on Monday so I can go and pick them up at Penrith station. They are actually hiring a car in Penrith but they want to go and have fish n'chips at the place I took my pal when she was over in 2011 and, as the car hire depot is some distance from the station, I said I would go through, take them to the chippy (it has a cafe above) and then drive them to pick their car up. Then they can follow me back to Keswick while they get adjusted to the car and driving on the left and not have to worry about navigating. I have booked us all into the bistro at the Lakes Distillery on their last night. It's supposed to be good.

Archie has had his acid reflux all morning and, fingers crossed, I think he's finally settled after 2 doses of medicine. He's in his bed on the floor and hasn't moved for over a half hour now instead of wandering in and out and pacing round the house. He'll be shattered as his favourite past-time these days is sleeping and he's not done much of that so far today.

A friend asked a woman he saw out shopping in 28C heat why she was wearing sandals and not going barefoot. She replied that the pavement was too hot, looking at him as if he were a fool. Friend asked why in that case was it ok for her toddler to be barefoot. The child was hopping from foot to foot, clearly uncomfortable. Friend had WORDS with woman, probably not very politely as he is very outspoken.

• Like 1

No mishaps overnight!! Thank goodness

Hope Archie is doing much better today

I actually have a day not waiting for a workman, a delivery but can't go to Steve's because of the dogs tummy

Honestly Owl, the stupidity of some people astounds me, they shouldn't be allowed to care for a mouse let alone a child

• Like 1

People really should sit a competency exam before they are able to have children or animals. It never ceases to amaze me just how stupid people can be :ohmy: :banghead:

Archie is feeling much better this morning thanks Griff.

It's still grey, overcast and raining every now and again here. It's reasonably cool but I see some areas are set for very high temperatures. They've called off the hosepipe ban which was due to start on August 5th here.

• Like 1