UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Better Be A Good One

Jazz

I don't want the rain!!! Got a whole back garden to sort out πŸ˜‚Steve has started the kitchen, he wanted to paint the cabinets black, I wanted white...guess who wonπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I chose the tiles and he wants to paint the walls orange..I say red, I think I will win that one too. Not even my house but he lets me choose stuff

Just read two reports of dogs ending up in vets after chewing cool mats. Apparently some of them are filled with toxic filling.

Β 

A cloudy, muggy start this morning which developed into Scotch Mist then heavy rain and now dry, cloudy and muggy again.

Β 

Been at the hairdressers and then shopping. Dogs are at the groomers on Monday for a trim, shampoo and blow dry. Murphy comes back looking years younger once all the dead fluff has been cut off and combed out.

Β 

At the moment he looks like and old scruffy, rug.

Β 

I am hoping the weather holds for the Mey Games tomorrow. Prince Charles is patron of the games and turns up with his entourage of security men. he starts the tug of war by dropping a rag when the rope is in the correct position - a hard days work.

Β 

He stays at the Queen Mother's old home- Caste; of May- at the beginning of August each year as a salute to his beloved grandmother.

Feel as if all I do is moan about the weather but it's 32c here at gone 7 at night and no air. I want to be back in chilly Dunoon lol. Apart from an early morning dog walk I haven't set foot outside the house today. It's an old house so fairly cool inside so I just caught up with some paper work and did a bit of much needed cleaning. Meant to be like this for the next five days so I guess I'll have a sparkly clean house by this time next week lol.

Β 

That's scary about the cool mats Blackmagic, especially as there is so many people buying them in this hot weather thinking they're helping their pets. Cooper is very much a chewer of beds and mats so I think I'll give them a miss.

Β 

Hope everyone is well xx

Eve, I think if you have to go out and it's hot it's not pleasant...me, I just stay at home going in and out the garden lol

My 2have coolmats but they don't chew, if you have a chewer, damp a towel, roll it up, pop it in a carrier bad and put in the freezer...take it out when required and it should be cool...works for humans too

Steve's done the undercoat on the cabinets and they look much better already! Very pleased with him today

Eve, think yourself lucky. Spin is supposed to 47 degrees.

Β 

My son lives with his girlfriend in Romania. there summers are usually in the 30's. Last summer they went to the air conditioned shopping mal o get cool as they don't have air conditioning on their flat.

Β 

This year they are having heavy rain. Dana says she has never known Romania have so much rain.

Β 

We are having high teens to mid 20's- high for the highlands- but it is so humid it is uncomfortable.

Β 

Even the dogs don't want to be out in it.

Β 

Jazz, bones are a very high value food to dogs.

Β 

Mine get theirs in separate rooms to begin with. Now, after the initial flurry, they will lie on the same rug but still defend their own bone unless they agree to 'swopsies'. One moves away from their bone and ignores it. The other will then go and get it and the fist will move in on the one the second dog left. That goes on several times but they get told if they try to move in when the other dog doesn't want to give up the one they have. Each respects the other.

Β 

All my dogs have taught 'swopsies' to the new dog coming in.

Β 

Murphy and Hovis amazed me as one would be in the house and be would be in the garden with their bones. At exactly the same time the would each lift their heads and change places without an obvious signal.

It's heating up here. We lost the grey overcast sky and it's now blue and sunny. I think we might be in for an uncomfortable night. Eve don't envy you that heat in France. And it doesn't matter a jot if you feel all you do is moan on here (you don't!) because if you cannot have a moan in here amongst friends we might as well pack up!

Β 

The phone went before and it was our GP wanting to speak to Ruby. She just wanted to check up on Ruby and make sure she was OK, did she need any painkillers (no) was she coping all right with the diagnosis and not to hesitate to call if she did or needed anything else and especially after the surgery. I was impressed but not surprised as she's been my GP for a few years now, even though she only looks about 15, and she's always been so good with me.

Β 

blackmagic I love how yours do swapsies :wub: :wub:

• Like 1

Did you use one of those spray paint systems that you can get in DIY places Griff? I remember our old neighbour at a previous house getting one when they first came out and he was impressed with it. Did about 30ft of fence panels in a fraction of the time it took with a brush.

Β 

If your mum doesn't care for the blue it will look different after a bit of weathering and with plants in front, if you are planning on putting some in.