UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Better Be A Good One

Jazz

Jazz, marrow can be too rich for some dogs and give them runny bums.

Mine are okay. Murphy loves marrow and spends hours sticking his tongue inside the bone and slurping it out.

What about deer antlers? Some bigger dogs can break them but yours should be okay.

None of my dogs have ever liked them. I think the raw knuckle bones they get each week spoil them as antlers have no fat or grizzle on them.

We have a cloudy day today which looks a lot like it will rain. But it is still warm. AT least it is not the extreme heat we had previously. It is pleasant.

We missed the storms they had forecast and had light rain showers rather than the deluge we were warned was coming.

We tend to have our own climate here due to the surrounding geography.

I want to paint the lounge/dining /hall area ( it is open plan so all in one) but it is too hot. When JIm painted the kitchen he had to water the paint down as it was too thick , due to the heat. I will wait until it is cooler.

Blackmagic, Steve is in the same position, he needs to do the kitchen but it's been too warm to do anything, he has to paint the cabinets, the walls and replace the tiles...got a brilliant buy on those, Jasper Conran black tiles...RRP £28 and we got them for £5 a box

Ahhhh I am bored, waiting for the fence to turn up... already made dinner and washed up, Steve's new t-shirt has arrived at least, hopefully cheer him up a bit, he was really fed up yesterday. I need to get the dogs out then sedate Kota, bet they won't come until last thing

shesnot interested in the antler i bought.

just been to the butcher. asked for bones for the dogs, thought ribs, no, a ruddy leg! hes cut into 3. i need to go out again so they can have them lol

Mine get massive legs or knuckles. The cows must be massive by the size of the bones.

Hope it all went ok at the vets Griff

Took the dogs to the beach today. Absolutely gorgeous beach and the dogs were having a great time running aboutand splashing in the water. Cooper had to spoil it though by running up to a woman and shouting at her, poor woman was only walking along minding her own business, and he wouldn't stop or come back when called. So back on leads and back off the beach. He never does things like that when it's just me and him but when all of us go out together he can turn into a right brat. So frustrating.