UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Get It Out There

Jazz

We had heavy rain late yesterday afternoon & well into the evening. It's fine just now, still a bit overcast though and there is a lovely breeze blowing.

My friend from Connecticut is flying over tomorrow with her husband. They are having a few days in London before coming up here on Monday. I cannot go far with having Archie so I as glad when they said they were hiring a car for the short time they are in town (they travel back on the Friday) and have some sight seeing plans. Ruby and I are going to take them out to dinner one evening, or maybe just me if Ruby isn't feeling up to it. My pal was last over in 2011 when she came alone and stayed with me for a week. I met up with her again in 2015 when we went to New York but this is the first time I will have met her husband. I am not really looking forward to it as I have a feeling I won't get on too well with him. When I tell you he voted for Trump you will know all you need to know on that score!

Really should get the lump checked Jazz, will probably be fine, but best to make sure. That foster will run you ragged lol.

Yantan, anyone can make a mistake re voting. There's usually not much choice and I honestly think none of our lot are electable but you get castigated if you don't vote. People died so you have the right to vote dontycha know even if the current candidates are all as repugnant as each other. Give the guy a chance and maybe you'll be surprised. If not, it's only for a few days. Just don't talk politics lol.

Glad you had a nice lunch with Steve Griff. How's the patio going?

Honey was covered in little insects earlier. She had rolled in a dead rabbit when we were out so the two things may be connected lol. Frontlined all the dogs and gave Honey a sponge down and a piriton as if any of them are going to be allergic to a bite it will be her. Looked like tiny ants rather than fleas but better safe than sorry. She seems ok for now.

Heatwave returning here too. Lots of work still needing done in the garden so mostly following the shaded bits round and working there.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening xx

Baby swift was successfully launched today and was immediately joined by 5 other swifts so it already has a group to fly with. Dave and Viv are now raising a baby goldfinch which someone's cat brought in.

• Like 2