UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Get It Out There

Jazz

Sorry, haven't kept up. I am frying here at 32C and meant to be 36C tomorrow. I think I might actually melt. I want to be back in Scotland where I can cope with the temperature. Remind me of that in November when I'm complaining about the cold, wet weather lol.

Glad you're feeling a bit more positive Suzeanna, you're always in my thoughts. I wish I could help.

Hope your finger heals quickly Jazz.

Sounds a good plan for the rail Yantan.

Sending good thoughts to all. Will try and keep more up to date xx

• Like 1

It's meant to be 31 here tomorrow..and then storms and heavy rain likely for Friday. Don't know what's worse, last time we had prolonged heavy rain we ended up having to get the fire brigade to pump water out of the gardens, and our conservatory and kitchen were flooded!

Thanks Eve, I'm feeling much better today. Must be all the good wishes floating through the internet!

Candy won't go in the paddling pool I got her, won't go in the brook which runs through a little park just up the road...she'll splash through puddles though and she did go in the sea. We've noticed part of her nose looks very dry and hard and now it's peeling, do you think she could have burned it when we were on the beach and she was digging in the sand, or should I take her to the vet? doesn't seem to bother her at all.

She could have burnt it, do you think vaseline could help? You know like after we have a cold and our nose is all dry and sore??

Eve, sorry you aren't enjoying the heat..I am!

Hope you get your rain owl so there's less watering for you to do

Who are you going to bury under the patio Griff?

Archie and I are staying put today because it's gone hot and there are far too many people around. I see on Twitter and Instagram that lots of professional dog walkers are cancelling walks through the day and calling very early for some dogs and doing just comfort calls for others. Very sensible and its good to see them putting the dogs' welfare before profit.

I did put some Sudocrem on her nose..not easy, she doesn't like her head handled..and she promptly rubbed it off on the duvet cover! I do have some coconut oil, I'll give that a go.

Cloudy here with the sun only coming through now and again, so not as hot as I'd anticipated. I took Candy to the field at about 7.40 and she went tearing up to two jrt's whose owner was working on his allotment and was actually playing with the younger one, play bows and everything. First time I've seen her play with another dog, she either ignores them or tries to get away from them. If I had more certainty about future events I'd get another little dog for her as a pal but since if I kick the bucket before Philip gets to retirement age she'll have to be rehomed it wouldn't be sensible to have two of them.

Good idea Griff, he's there most days. Have you heard of the MP Dennis Skinner? The Beast of Bolsover? This bloke is his brother, but seems quieter!

I take back what I said about it not feeling so hot, just went outside to get the washing in and it was like walking into a furnace, and the washing was so hot you'd have thought it had just come out of the tumble dryer.

• Like 1

I think Dennis Skinner is a hoot in Parliament. He's not afraid to voice his opinion that's for sure!

It's gone really hot here too. My neighbour just called me to the door (our front doors are side by side) and as I stood talking to her in the full sun I could feel myself starting to melt. Archie has laid most of the day under the big pedestal fan which is partially angled toward the floor so he catches a nice breeze. He's between me and the fan so I am also benefiting from it.