UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Get It Out There

Jazz

Uuurggh, I did my back in this morning trying to clean up the mess under the bird feeders. I got a delivery of the same seed that I have been using for a while a couple of weeks ago. However, it must somehow be different because the little birdies were dropping it all under their hanging feeder rather than eating it. I decided not to fill the feeder for a few days in the hopes that they would eat what they'd spilled. It's the no grow stuff and costs quite a lot so I didn't want to waste it. Then it rained. The stuff has gone to mush and it stinks! It's also really heavy! So I was out there with the garden fork trying to lift it to put in bin liners when part way into the job my back started complaining. When I stood up straight oh boy!

It's still overcast and pretty cool here, long may it last! I think I've had enough of that hot stuff.

Eve my friend and her husband are dyed-in-the-wool Republicans, although my friend could not bring herself to vote for Trump there was no question in her husband's mind. They both hated Obama who I thought was a pretty decent President. My friend and I agreed years ago not to talk about politics as we rarely agree but on everything else we do, which is why we hit it off in the first place. I warned her that Trump is very disliked over here and that they might hear some negative things about Trump when people hear their accents and just to take it rather than get into arguments over it. So she has had a word with her husband and told him to keep his mouth shut! Seeing the protests over Trump's visit here cemented in their minds just what many of us think of him.