UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Get It Out There

Jazz

have you heard of leaping dog, dog food?

Never heard of it but the lack of information on the website would concern me. No contact information, only a direct email. No names or business address. No information about delivery, returns , terms and conditions etc

Can't understand all these people who are advertising their full addresses on the website. Have they never heard of identity fraud?

I've never heard of it Jazz and I do a lot of searching on dog food for picky Archie.

We saw the urologist consultant today (listen to me - "we" like it was happening to me too, but I think you all get what I really mean!) A really nice chap. He showed us the scan and told us that there was no doubt that the kidney had to come out as the tumour had all but destroyed it. However the radiologist's report has not yet been done so he has set up a meeting for Thursday, by which time it will have been distributed to him and the surgeon and they, including the radiologist, will discuss it and come to a final diagnoses. He said to him it looked like it hadn't spread beyond the kidney but the radiologist is the expert for that. It's likely it is malignant going by shape and spread but he cannot say 100% for sure at this stage. He just wanted Ruby to be aware.

He gave Ruby a choice of having the surgery at Carlisle or Newcastle. After hearing that Newcastle had all the very latest equipment including a robotic arm which would be used in her surgery plus they do more of this type of operation than Carlisle she chose Newcastle. He was at pains to say that there was nothing wrong at all with Carlisle and they have good results but once Ruby said "Newcastle for sure" he said that would be his choice if he needed the same surgery.

The surgery is likely to be done next week. It will be keyhole surgery and she shouldn't be in more than 2 or 3 days providing it's all straight forward. Whether she goes NHS or private will depend on which can do it the soonest. Whatever, it will be at the same hospital, using the same equipment and done by the same surgeon

When we went into the private wing today we were served tea and biscuits while we waited as we arrived early. Very nice!

At least now she knows rather than speculating and things are happening even if daunting.

They are pretty good at interpreting these things, so hopefully he is right and it hasn't spread.

We are here for you.

Cleo is much happier today but still a bit fragile and wary at times. But she has been able to lie on her side and have a sleep- the first since Sunday.

It is too hot today- 31 in the garden. I was out for about half an hour and that was enough. I was roasted.

Both of us are choked with the cold which is not comfortable in this heat.

• Like 1

That sounds very hopeful Yantan, he's probably got a good idea of what has spread or not and it's great she can have surgery so quickly.

I hope Cleo soon feels better blackmagic.

We had a great walk with Candy on Cresswell beach, huge expanse of sand

and very few people. We will head for Bamburgh tomorrow.

• Like 2

Cleo has just led Jim to a pheasant chick hiding in the bottom of our wardrobe.

It must have come in the back, through the kitchen , dining hall , hall and then into shower room- tell tale droppings in there- and then across hall into the bedroom.

Eventually managed to catch it and it is in a box with some seed until mum and the rest of the brood come to the garden tomorrow.

• Like 3

That was some game last night! My friend, Jan and I were WhatsApp'ing throughout about it making comments about the state of play. Toward the end and after Colombia had equalised our lads seemed to have lost much of their spark. We witnessed a couple of silly mistakes and we were telling each other that they were a bunch of overpaid losers and how we could do better and should we start supporting France or Brazil and so on and so on. Once the game was over and England had won I sent Jan a message "I never doubted them for a minute" and she replied "no me neither". When Jan's husband saw this exchange, having been in on all that had been said by us previously, he shook his head as he commented "what a pair you two are".

Ruby's gone to work today but I've told her if she starts feeling unwell, even slightly so, to come home and rest up.

Suzeanna the beach in front of Bamburgh Castle is fab and dog friendly I think. Fantastic photo opportunities! Beadnell Bay is my most favourite Northumbrian beach but they are all wonderful.

blackmagic I chuckled over the baby pheasant. I hope it fits right back in when mum calls.

Oh Griff my chill pillow has arrived this morning. I need to figure out what to do with it but I am the world's worst at following instructions.

Pheasant chick released when mum and babies visited this morning. It ran as fast as it little legs could go, with its little wings flapping and hid under a big rhodie bush. Mum and babies were feeding outside the bush so hopefully it would find them.

• Like 3