UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Get It Out There

Jazz

I hope Ruby gets on okay. She won't get any answers but at least things are moving.

I think all hospital parking is the same. There is never enough.

At our main hospital people park for free and get the bus down the town for shopping etc to avoid having to pay for parking.

They are re arranging the parking slots to get more in and going to introduce a barrier and token system so you can get in , but to get out you have to get a token form the clinic or ward you are visiting.

BUT, they have no money to do it. What's new?

We had a cloudy day yesterday so had a respite from the heat but it is back today.

I dont believe it, im still in shock!

got a call, ive found a westie with this number on its tag. looked round, saw 3 dogs, jerry is normally under the sofa. ok, ill hold the dog and put it on facebook.

WHO WAS ITI!!!!! JERRY!!!!!!

the sod, that im waiting to find out if shes dying, must have run out when I put the rubbish out

must have looked a right muppet when she was holding my dog I didn't know had gone!

shes got 1 eye, huge stitches in her shaved side, lady didn't mention that

Bloody hell Jazz! I hope she's OK and you get her back none the worse for her adventure.

Well we are back. Ruby called into the private healthcare wing after the scan. They were so nice, they told her the consultant will be there tomorrow and they would try and see if they could get her an appointment. They took her referral letter to copy and email to him plus Ruby's contact details. By the time we got home she had a voice mail message from them to please ring back. The consultant wants to see her and so she has an appointment with him tomorrow at 1pm! He will appropriate the scan results from the NHS side of the hospital so she should know what she's facing. He's away on holiday next week so I don't know if that will slow things down.

It is SO hot. I can't cope with it. I took my little portable fan to the hospital and was very glad of it. Ruby was cool, calm and collected. At least on the outside. I was a sweaty mess!

Oh dear Jazz...her legs not that bad then lol!! At least she is safe, to be fair I wouldn't mention any of that either, as the number was on the dog I would assume that was the right dog for the owner

Blackmagic, it's awful how selfish some people can be...I would never dream of doing anything like that..I think we have all been there struggling for a spot to park at the hospital, we have to pay here and pay A LOT

Our hospital has lots of different areas for parking, and usually they are all full! Thankfully the one for the Macmillan Unit always has spaces, it's obviously not been found by people not using that part. What I think is wrong is the nurses have to pay to park too.

I'll have everything crossed for Ruby tomorrow Yantan, hope it's not as bad as it might be, but if it is with a friend like you by her side, she's winning already.

Our holiday plans have changed..not Scotland now, we're off tomorrow to Northumberland just for a couple of days. I keep feeling not so good and Philip said Scotland is too far. I feel guilty, he really was looking forward to it as he loves the west coast.

• Like 1

hope she gets it sorted tomorrow xx

shops are running out of fizzy drinks! morrisons have sold out, had to order at asda, could only get 20 bottles

if its 'away' and your together, thats the main thing xxxxx

Suzeanna some of our neighbours have just had a week in Northumberland (Bamburgh) and absolutely loved it. They had never been before and came back singing it's praises. I lived there for short time and it is a lovely county. Enjoy! I am sure Philip will decompress nicely there and you can always have a trip over the border once you are there.

All our main hospitals here charge for parking. We paid £2 for 2 hours today. I think it's awful when the staff have to pay to park too. As it happened we got parked quite easily today. They have built a brand new hospital on the site and added a lot more car parking am pleased to say.

Will be thinking of Ruby tomorrow.

The Scottish Executive stopped the charging for hospital parking in Scotland. there are only three hospitals that charge because they were privately funded and are leased to NHS Scotland so they have no control over the parking.

Last week a neighbour has an appointment and parked down the town and got a bus up to the hospital.

I love Northumberland. Lovely beaches and usually quiet.

• Like 1

Will be thinking of Ruby tomorrow.

Jerry, what are you like! Trouble on little legs, that one.

Northumberland is a place I would like to visit. Everyone I know who has been there says it is wonderful.

I have been a busy bee, as a result of one of my colleagues being stung by a busy bee near his eye. He is now improving but had an eye swollen shut from Friday until today. So I did all his watering in polytunnels, raised beds and baby tree nursery for 2 extra days.

• Like 1

It is not the heatwave that caused the shortage, Jazz.

There are not many producers and they have all closed down their plants for routine maintenance at the same time.

Cleo seems to have hurt her neck and is not a very happy bunny. He tail is down, her ears are down and she is holding her head down.She padded about all night on Sunday night/Monday morning and wanted to be beside us all day yesterday. I ended up shutting her in the bedroom for a while to stop her moving about.

She can only lie upright. If she goes on her side she gets up again after a minute so she can't really rest.

I have given her Metacam and she seems slightly happier today.

That is what the vet would do so I will give her a couple more days and see how she goes,

I don't know what she has done as she didn't do anything out of the usual at the weekend but she does sleep in the most awkward looking positions - on her back with her legs in the air , back legs one way and front legs the other, and her head twisted to the side.- so I wouldn't be surprised if she has strained it in some way.