UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Caring And Sharing

Yantan

Deags has been to the look and it's o.k....i am confused

Predictive text gone mad or am I being thick? Probably the latter lol

Pleased Archie enjoyed himself on his walk. Sometimes you just have to let them do what they want. I have been taught this by very many dogs over the years.

The rain did come but not till 5pm when it was FAR too late to do any housework. Not that I'm a lazy mare or anything lol. And in my defence I did a load of weeding this afternoon instead.

Sorry for your daughter's purse being stolen Suzeanna and very enterprising of her to get the bolt cutters. Probably wouldn't have thought of that myself. A friend of ours had her purse stolen in Amsterdam yesterday so doesn't seem to matter where you are - there's thieving scum everywhere.

It's awful when you get stuff stolen especially when you have to cancel cards etc.. What a good job your daughter had another card Suzeanna.

Archie's acid reflux is really bothering him today. He got me up at 3am, again at 5.30am and 7.30am by which time I decided to just get up. He's had 3 doses of his antacid and we can still hear his tummy gurgle. I've been trying to get him to eat some chicken as it well help if he has something on his tum but no, he doesn't want too. He had such a good day yesterday and now he's having a rotten one.

Naomi, boss lady of our dog walkers, popped in to see him yesterday and brought her 1yr old, Izzie, who was a delight. She was all smiles and giggles and kept telling Archie he was a "goo gobby". She's very dog savvy for her age as her mum has taught her well and of course she is around dogs most days.

• Like 1

Thanks Griff but Archie is really so fussy about food and he doesn't like fish. He just won't eat when his reflux is bothering him. He did settle down and had a nice nap not that long after I last posted. He's gone out in the garden now. I'm hoping it won't be long now until he eats his chicken which was cooked fresh this morning for him.

Ah, he's just come back in, got on his sofa and within a few seconds got down and disappeared outside. That's a sure sign the AR is still bothering him. Poor boy. He hates feeling unwell and doesn't handle it well at all.

Has she been like that since the op?

I ask because one of my bitches reacted like that after an op and it was a reaction to the aneasthetic.

When my parents, who she loved, came in she bolted into the kitchen. She would howl with her head thrown back.

We phoned the vet in the evening and he asked up to come to his house. When we went into the room she tried to wedge herself in the 6 inch gap under his desk.

He said he had had other breeds react to that aneasthetic and had her breed react to another aneasthetic but had not had one her breed react to that one before.

She recovered quickly after treatment.

The vet even called in to check her on his way to the surgery the next morning.

He was a super young vet who unfortunately went to work with wildlife in South Africa shortly afterwards.

I hate Tramadol.

Archie had such a rotten day yesterday that I decided not to give him any Loxicom last night. He had a little bit to eat before bed and slept, as far as I know, peacefully until he got me up at 4.30am. There seemed to be no particular reason. He came back in and had a bit of turkey and went back to bed on his sofa.

This morning he had some of his breakfast and was all up for a walk so we went down to the old railway line/churchyard. He was running around like a spring chicken. We came home and he's had some more food and then went absolutely ape when his uncle Vince and auntie Jan came to see him. They looked after him for us now and again when he was a pup and he loves them. He was so chuffed to see them. I have a feeling he won't be having such a good day tomorrow after all this but hope I'll be wrong.

blackmagic that was interesting about your dog's reaction to anaesthesia. I had a bad reaction myself to the anaesthetic the one and only time I've been under it but I never considered that animals could be the same, which is really rather silly of me.