UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Caring And Sharing

Yantan

Well the vets have cancelled as they've had an emergency come in and will be in surgery . They wouldn't have left us hanging though, we had a choice to take him through to the animal hospital for his appointment. Honestly though Archie is just fine right now. He's lost his pained expression, is wandering around the garden doing his normal routine patrols and has been filling up on food. The vet says I can give him an extra dose of his antacid if the symptoms come back and if we are worried over the weekend to contact the hospital as they will advise us and arrange to see him there if need be. Fingers crossed none of that is necessary!.

I do hope everyone else is having a nice quiet day.

Do you think dog's know when it's a bank holiday weekend and ramp up the symptoms lol. Wishing all good thoughts to Archie, Jerry and Deags xx

Suzeanna, we're with you whatever you decide to do xx

Edited by eve

That's good Jazz :cheer:

Archie got me up at 5am this morning. It seems to have become part of the regime these days. Anyway he is settled this morning, farting like farty thing and will be going for a short walk with Ruby when she gets up.

It's still very humid here and very overcast. I think we'll have some rain at some point.

What's everyone up to today?

Brilliant jazz

Awww Mr Archie farty pants lol.

Hmmm, well Molly has a bit of an allergy to grass so is itchy so I am supposed to be going and bathing her but if she isn't too bad will leave it.

Idiots next door turned up at 2am banging about, now the workmen are here

Great news Jazz, she must be feeling better.

I was up at 4 this morning as Honey was having one of her pacey, panty nights. Let her out in the garden but that didn't help so I stayed up and she ran upstairs and stole my place in the bed lol. I was wide awake by then so just sat and read a book till it was time to get up properly. Was lovely and peaceful :)

Hot and sunny here so we took the dogs to the beach and let them have a good run around as it was cooler down there. Meant to be raining this afternoon but my weather app has been saying that for the past few days and it hasn't happened yet.

Not much planned for today, need to do a bit of food shopping then I'll just potter in the garden if it stays dry or a bit of very much needed housework if it does rain.

Hope Archie enjoys his little walk and everyone has a lovely day xx

• Like 1

It is very quiet at that time of the morning isn't it Eve? I love peace and quiet and really soak it up when I am with Archie at anything between 4.00am and 5.30am as has been the case for the last 3 weeks. I like the sound of your day :) Funny Honey :wub: :laughingsmiley:

Archie's out now having his walk. Ruby has taken his sling with her in case his back legs get wobbly. She is only taking him up to the wood at the top of our road so he can go and do some sniffing and have off-lead time.

manged to stuff tramadol onto her treat last night, but she paced for ages till it started working. the crash twins wanted to play at 5am so i was sitting in the garden hoping hugo would wee.

just washed the door mat jerry weed on.

going to watch last nights NCIS. think its the sad one so hankies at the ready

I hope Archie continues to plod along for a while yet.

So many wonky Fugee pups at the moment.

I have ben out in the garden this morning as the forecast said rain for 2 hours at 2 pm and I had plants to put in. Forecast has now changed to short shower at 4 pm.

I tis 24.9 degrees here and cloudy. Yesterday once the sun got out it was 30.4. This is unreal. It is reported to be the warmest May since records began 100 years ago.

I have had a bacon roll and a cup of tea and the tea has just run through me. I am soaked.

It is too hot for the dogs to go outside. They are chewing bones inside.

Oh, the sun is now trying to shine so no doubt it will get even hotter.

A cool shower beckons.

It's been raining here for an hour or so and does feel a bit cooler.

Well Archie confounded us this morning on his walk by doing some running and playing with 3 little dogs he met in the wood. When Ruby came to set off home he wasn't a bit pleased. She had to run after him as he legged it in the opposite direction. He's had a chicken breast and some treats and a little nap but has mainly been wandering about the house and garden. I've told him just because he feels good today that doesn't mean he should go overdoing it as it may be a different story tomorrow.

Can't be bad, Yantan! Don't spend it all on Archie!

Thanks for the support from everyone, I'll need it when I start these damn pills. As you probably find Griff, medications tend to snowball. Letrozole raises blood pressure and cholesterol, so next thing the GP will want to increase my bp meds and put me on statins..good luck with that!

My daughter and her husband left Alonissos on Friday morning, to go to Athens en route to Naxos. Got a FB message from her to say her purse was stolen at Athens bus station, and her cash card and the keys to their cases were in it! Just saw her on FB and she's got the card blocked, luckily has another with her they can use, and borrowed some bolt cutters to get into the cases. She does know a fair bit of Greek, but I don't imagine "have you any boltcutters I can borrow" appears often in the phrase books!

• Like 1