UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Oh My Days.

Yantan

The giant African land snail has started eating! After over a week of not eating and mostly sleeping it tucked into a juicy plum tomato :)

First meal since last November.

Edited by owl
  • Like 3

Yay for snail eating Owl. Guess he had to come out of hibernation at his own pace, but so pleased he made it. Or she - is it easy to sex a snail?

Lovely of Steve to get you a pressie Griff. Especially as it's something you love. You deserve it, mind you, you do so much for him.

Been lovely here today and set to get hotter day by day for the next week. Much as I'm a bit homesick it's raining and cold back in Dunoon so I'll put up with being here a bit longer. I do miss my walks over the hills though.

Hope everyone is well xx

• Like 1

Snails are hermaphrodite, aren't they? Mind you, the way the human race seems to be going, it might be the norm for us before long! Oh dear..that wasn't very PC of me was it?

Can't believe we're actually being promised a hot weekend, unheard of for a Bank Holiday. It's my birthday on Sunday, so we can have a Chinese takeaway and I'll dodge the cooking. Probably go to Matlock Bath for a mooch by the river and to admire all the motorbikes which will no doubt be there.

• Like 2

Hope we do get a good weekend, today is nice here but I feel much happier in the sunshine

I have decided Steve has been switched...he bought me something yesterday and said I looked pretty...wonder is he ill??

• Like 1

It's started off quite nice here and it's also promising to be a good weekend. It's better if the weather is good over a busy bank holiday weekend because the town is a little less crowded. People tend to head for the fells, lakes and countryside to enjoy the sunny weather.

I was most chuffed to hear Owl's snail had started eating.

Archie has gone out with DW but not until he'd held her up by still being fast asleep on my bed. He went back to bed at about 7.30am after his wee and morning treat. He was dead to the world when she arrived at 9.30 and it took ages for him to hear us calling up to him what with being rather deaf and also deep in the arms of Morpheus. Anyhoo they've gone for a shady woodland walk followed by playing or snuffling, according to whichever they prefer, in the meadow by Bass lake - paddling, swimming is optional.

The pong, although much better, is still detectable in Ruby's room. She came home last night after being away for 3 days hoping it would be gone entirely but was disappointed. It's getting to the 3 week mark now!

I got a Sainsbury home delivery yesterday as I got a £20 off offer through the post so it was too good to pass on. I found they had sugar free sweeties so treated myself to a bag of gummy bears. It was only a small bag so, thinking there weren't enough to give me that laxative effect, I wolfed them all over the course of the afternoon. Big mistake, really, really big mistake. I spent all last night rushing to the loo and the sounds my innards were making had to be heard to be believed.

• Like 1

sugar free sweeties, bbaadddd

I found that when id bought a load, so gave them to the dog walker for her kids, as kids don't get the same effect. she took them to work instead, shared them with her workmates, so no work was done all shift as they were all in the loo. serves her right lol

lungs were getting so bad last night, thought it would be a hospital trip, so started on the pills, it calmed down, but had better take another one as its starting again

Overcast here, but very warm. I had a phone call this morning giving me my appointment with an oncologist..4pm next Thursday.

Steve may have suddenly started to appreciate what he's got with you for a friend Griff, make the most of it in case it doesn't last!

Just have ordinary snails in the garden, but the little beggars are already making inroads into the few plants that are starting to flower. Luckily I've also got several blackbirds who visit, so they should keep the population down.

Nah...not with Steve Jazz,he knows me a lot better than that!!

You can get wound vest things for dogs after surgery...not cheap but a lot less hassle

Suzeanna, he has turned out to be a very good friend... never thought I would say that...ever lol

Is Philip going to go with you?? I will keep everything crossed for you

that's good griff

I always go alone, so do a list, add things I think of.

mouse had her back dew claws off, as well as the lump on her hip. shes still managing to grab the bandages. cellotape! see if that keeps them on. just around the bandage, not on her leg

Ahhh, cone of shame is the only thing then...or an inflatable one??

Knackered and annoyed, went to the shop.had £1.41 cash on me but £22 in the bank, wanted a pepper...nope, have to buy 3..o.k, not enough cash on me, 10p short...got to the till and went to put it on my card...they were the only thing in my hand so obviously the only thing I wanted, the fella said £3minimum on a card (that was fine by me..I totally get they will be charged a fee for the transaction) I didn't hear what he said so he repeated it and then scanned the pack of peppers and was trying to force me to buy other stuff so I just said to forget it and walked out, so no pasta bake for dinner, cheese and onion sandwich instead