UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Oh My Days.

Yantan

At about 6 years old, Amber developed arthritis in her spine after an injury to her back.

As advised I restricted exercise. Now, this was a dog that was born to run. She got so much pleasure out of running. She never walked she ran everywhere. She even peed on the move.

She became depressed and just lay around. She lost interest in everything. She wouldn't play with my other dog. When I took to my training class where she normally wanted to join in she just lay down in the corner.

I decided quality of life was more important than quantity and my vet agreed. So i started doing all her normal things. I let her run as she wanted, I threw her toy for her, she went swimming. If it meant going onto steroids and shortened her life than I had to accept that.

I got my happy, bouncy dog back.

She had acupuncture from my vet when needed and several natural remedies ( he was a homeopathic vet) which changed as time went on as some stopped being effective.

If she overdid it then we rested until she recovered,

She died when she was 11 years old from pneumonia and a nasty fungal infection in her throat that did not respond to treatment.( six months of antibiotics and antifungal treatment). These were a result of contracting kennel cough after my younger dog had the KC vaccine. I have not used the KC vaccine since as a dog can be infectious for up to 2 weeks after reeceiving it.

But she never had steroids.

Jim has just checked our weather station. It was 31.2 at 2 pm today and went up to 31.5. I was watering the garden at 5 .15 and my skin was burning.

This weather is set to continue unto at least Sunday although it should be slightly cooler.

These temperatures are unheard of in July or August, never mind May.Wild fires are now breaking out.

Wow, that is hot up there! does the hot weather make the midges worse? Are these fires caused deliberately, like some of the ones in California were?

Waited nearly two hours to see the oncologist, some twerp had double booked all the clinics, a lot of very fed up people waiting! He went on...and on...and on a bit more. Pointed out that I still have active cancer as they couldn't remove all of the latest tumour, that it was coming back more quickly etc etc etc. I refused to budge on the bone strengthener that can cause your jaw bone to crumble (nice!) but in the end I gave up and said I'll try the letrozole, emphasis being on try. Any bad side effects and he can keep it. Not starting until mid July though as Philip has two weeks off at the start of the month. Dr. Morali said well, if you find you can't manage on it there are a couple of others I can give you. I looked them up and yup, exactly the same side effects, so unless this stuff doesn't affect me too badly, I'll stick to my original thought and take my chances.

Blackmagic, it was you wasn't it, who said anyone who wanted could have your email address? Could you pm it to me please? Eve, is the pom bit in your name coincidental, or do you have poms?

I did a post but it vanished. Probably deleted it by mistake. Wispa's 10th gotcha day today.

Suzeanna, I have great admiration for you and for Philip. Do not go anywhere. You have been told by Fugees, so there.