UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Chatty Time X

Jazz

Yantan, passport fees increased on 27 March. Are they going up again in September?

Get 2 passport photos when you are out , Jazz.

If his is your first passport you will probably need to go a passport office for an interview.

The family went home this morning so life is back to normal again, apart from all the washing. The dogs can relax again.

We had a shower of tiny snow flakes this morning but since then it has been dry and bright with some sunshine. Bit there is still a cold wind.

A male pheasant has visited us the last three days. I think he must have designs on the females that have been visiting us all winter. He hasn't met up with them yet so we have not had any displays.

You are right on the passports blackmagic. I got mixed up. Ruby's passport runs out in September but she decided to renew it before the increase in March. More senior moments! They are getting far to frequent for my liking.

I have put a chicken casserole in the oven for our tea. It's that sort of weather that demands comfort food.

Could someone please have a word with Archie and tell him he's not fooling his personal assistant (that's me) into letting him out every 5 minutes just because he has a mouthful of food from his dish. I am well aware of the law enshrined in the Dogs' Bill Of Rights that a dog has to go out after every meal. That, however, applies only when the dish is cleaned in one sitting. He keeps telling me "but it's the law and if you don't let me out I'll call the police" Whaddya do with such an argumentative little dog who's convinced his interpretation of the law is the right one? I'm getting repetitive strain from getting up so often.

Thanks for the offer Griff! No don't have straighteners I just dry it over a big round brush.

Yantan, did you ever manage to read that book?

I am dipping into it now and again but as I've lost my reading glasses I can't read it in bed, which is my usual reading place. I daren't wear my everyday varifocals in bed because I invariably fall asleep with my specs on and they end up getting squished. I find that I get a wee bit anoyed by the author's little put-downs of the local inhabitants although, overall, she's a good writer and paints some great word pictures.

you could still use the stuff i have used....offer stands whenever you like! i look like a bleedin 80's rock star, i went out and got wet, i now look like i have a perm, i honestly think that is the worst thing that has happened from the chemo....it bugs me that sometimes i am o.k and not the next but my hair...what the hell am i going to do when i sweat in the summer??

mine like the in out game...i am most deffo not a fan!!!

When Philip was waiting to have his eyes checked after his cataract ops he bought some cheapo reading glasses that he finds are fine. He got his from TK Maxx but I think Boots do them. Cost about 8 quid I think.

I think I may try some, it'll be cheaper than getting prescription readers and if I damage them it won't be such a loss.

It's a cracking day here - at last. It was trying to snow last night and some of the higher fells are snow coated now but it didn't come to anything down here. We got up to a frost this morning but the sky was blue and once the sun came out the frost soon departed. Our dog walker is elated especially as she was out all day in wet weather yesterday and was feeling pretty fed-up come finishing time.

Jim got reading glasses from Boots after his cataract operation as well.The assistant helped him get the right ones.

Sunny but cold wind here. Has a vert wind blown walk on the beach this morning.

My son found 2-3 inches of snow in Edinburgh when they got home last night. He had to dig out his drive to get his car on it.