UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Chatty Time X

Jazz

No Owl, put them in an airtight stacka box and put them somewhere safe, one day...you will feel up to looking at them.My uncle got most of the family photos when my nan died, there are very few that we have, the ones of me and my bro with our nan and grandad i have had copies done and sent to him in london

Lol...this time last year, my hair was maybe and inch and half all over...and now i am back to how i used to be, i went to get a fringe cut and the lady doing it said had it not been for my crutches she would never have recognised me Lol

I got a shock Griff as I always picture you with short hair since you showed us a pic of you just after you got it cut. I shall have to adjust my mental picture now.

It's a lot less busy now the easter weekend is over, still busy because it's school holidays but much more bearable.

Owl definitely don't throw any photos out. I threw some out and have done nothing but regretted it since.

Talking of photos here's genealogy/photo story. I used to be on a genealogical mailing list where we would ask for and offer help amongst the members as well as sharing family history stories. One member decided to go through a box of her family photos that she found on her grandmother's loft. Very elderly grandma was still living at that time. Anyway the woman had no clue as to who some of the subjects were so asked her grandma to please go through them and if she knew who they were to label them on the back of the photos.

The grandmother duly did this just before before being rushed into hospital so the box got shoved in a corner. Unfortunately the grandmother died and our list member added the box of photos to stuff she wanted to keep so it was transported to her home and stored. A few years passed and our list member, having taken up genealogy, suddenly recalled she had the photos so eagerly went off to find them so she could put faces to some of the names she'd recorded.

She turned the first old photo showing an elderly Edwardian lady holding a baby to see if her grandma had known the subjects and added their names. She had! It bore the legend "my cousin and my great-grandma". The woman looked at a few more bearing similar labels "my great-uncle and his wife", "my mother's 2nd cousin" and so on. No names at all! She went on to warn us all to double check any notations that we got our older relations to add to the back of photos.

I have no descendants and neither does my sister. I may send those of great grandparents to my cousin as his daughters may be interested. Any which are of interest to the village history site where my parents lived have already been shared and copied to them. The rest concern my own life and are of no interest to anyone except me. I will keep the landscape photos and those of pets, but those of people just seem like they belonged to someone else in a different life who made several really bad choices.

My hair used to be black and pink, blue and pink, all pink and pillar box red Lol...now i am a normal brown colour

Yantan, that is something i would do, just write my cousin on the back

Owl, i have made some really really bad decisions in my life, i don't regret a single one as it has made me who i am ...i still make stupid decisions but i live with them

Nigel, ope you get your job and shame about the doggy losing his leg but having a tripawd cat i know how adaptable animals are

Steve took me off to b&m this morning, i have bought a new lampshade at £17 and a conjoined mirrored photo frame, i wanted a new quilt and pillows but think wilko will be cheaper

nipped into asda too and as we were walking round there were a few workmen in and i think Steve enjoyed the looks i was getting bless him Lol

In my younger days I had hair every colour going, including green once, by mistake! (trying to bleach dyed black out!). I'm fed up with my hair at the moment, the chemo tablets have made it a different texture to how it used to be, if it gets damp it goes curly and I've never had curly hair.

I've got two stacking boxes full of photos, must go through them at some point. A lot are of dogs we used to have, quite a lot of my son in his motor bike racing days and my daughter when she had a pony, but very few of me as a child, and literally only one of my dad. He died when I was six and I don't remember him at all, it would have been nice to have more photos. That's a lovely one of you, Griff, not surprised the men notice you!

• Like 1

Passports go up by £20 in September Jazz so get one sooner rather than later.

I have never changed my hair colour, other than to have blonde highlights now and then when I was young. It's always been ginger. I hated it but could never be arsed to get it coloured regularly. Now it's fading and is the same shade it was when when I paid a fortune to get the highlights added. I only realised how faded it's become when I saw a picture of myself in my 20's. O.M.D it was FLAME red. I can't understand now why I hated it then. I hear a lot about kids being bullied for having ginger hair but I never was. I don't think they dared!

I'm really scraping the barrel for something for tea tonight.

Bloody hell fire. My neighbour has just got me 3 carrots in the local Spar shop and they were £1.04. Tesco charges 6p each for lose carrots so they would have only been 18p from there. I don't usually run out of stuff but next time I will do without rather than go to that Spar shop. I don't think the Spar in the local garage charge those sorts of prices.

You need to be very strong and hard headed to visit pounds abroad. They are nothing like our pounds.

It must be heartbreaking to pick some and leave other behind to their fate.

It is not something I would choose to do.

Yantan, our local village shop is expensive. But then they do have buy smaller amounts which will cost more and probably have wastage that a busy supermarket does not have.

I do buy somethings that I cannot get elsewhere.

I could never be bothered colouring my hair because of having to keep doing it. I did occasionally use the ones that wash out but only for a similar colour.

My cousin always died her hair. One day she asked her husband if he would still love her when her hair went grey.

he told her he had loved her through every other colour so grey wouldn't be any different.

• Like 1