UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Chatty Time X

Jazz

The pong is finally dissipating - yay! I think the last couple of days of good weather, where we have been able to open all the windows to allow a good flow of fresh air, has helped. Ruby is away most of next week so the windows in her room can stay open 24/7.

What I thought were crows coming to the bird table are in fact rooks. I like rooks.

Owl that's amazing - a JRT getting to 27.

My great aunt had a dog who lived to be 22 despite the fact that he was run over and badly injured when he was about 5. He died when I was 23 so I had known him virtually all my life. I was quite upset because he and I had been play-mates in our youth and also my great-aunt moved in next door to us, after her husband died, so I saw Rarie every day for about the last 10 years of his life.

Whenever someone would ask how Rarie got his name my g-aunt would tell them "well we were walking near a quarry this day and we saw a man about to throw this pup off the top into the quarry pit. I told him he couldn't throw a pup away like that and when the man asked why not I told him "Well that's a long way to Tipperary" " I thought it was hilarious when I first heard it as a kid. In fact they got Rarie by taking in an unwanted dog from one of their customers (they had a pub at the time) and the dog turned out to be pregnant. She had three pups, two went to a friend of theirs and they kept Rarie along with his mum, Gina.

blackmagic, could the little bird have been an adult quail?

I suppose it could be. I have never seen one. They are not shown as coming as far north as us but that isn't always correct.

We do have a shooting estate around us and I know they release pheasants and partridge each year so it is possible they release quail as well.

We didn't manage to get a photo of it and it hasn't been back since these two days that it was here.

the cuckoo arrived week ago and is n full voice. It get s annoying haring the constant repetitive one tone call.

It's MAY tomorrow. How did we get here so fast! What shall we call May's wafflings?

Err, well May's Wafflings to start with or

May's Pull-Up-A-Chair

May's Blossoms

May's Dosy Dotes

May's Tantrums and Talks

Any more suggestions? Add 'em here so whoever starts off the May thread tomorrow has a choice :flowers:

Archie is letting me know he thinks it's time for bed so I'd better do as I'm told. Good night all.