UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Big Freeze

Jazz

Awww, so glad he is safe Owl. There was a pensioner found dead in the snow under her car...so sad

My mates boiler has packed in to Eve...told her to defrost the pipe but she can't find it!

Buses weren't serving my road but appear to have started....we haven't hardly got any snow

Eve I'm glad you got your boiler sorted. Can't do without heat in this weather.

Good news on the old chap Owl.

Its very cold here. Archie was out in the garden (with his Equifleece on) prancing like a spring lamb in the snow first thing this morning. I've had him out in the back lane, free running, before leading him up and walking him around the block. It was absolutely perishing. I realised that him having to walk at my pace wasn't a good idea as this is how he is getting cold. I was going to take him down to a riverside path to let him run along there but I thought better off it and lead him back into the back lane so he could frolic. He was so up for staying out but I wouldn't let him. I didn't want to take the chance of him getting too cold again. Ruby is kitting up to go out for her prescription (she's giving work a miss today) and some essential supplies if there's anything left in the shops. Archie is all excited because he thinks she's getting ready to take him out.

Stay safe and warm everyone. Dogs won't take any harm having to forego usual walks for a day or two so don't take risks to get them out.

My pair are in as Dakota has stitches so Sunday was their last walk...neither have pestered thankfully.

Steve is now putting Molly's coat on and said he isn't sure how long to keep her out...I said just take her out to do her business and get her back home...not worth risking her freezing as she is a very big girl should he need to carry her

• Like 1

Had two scans within days of each other, just had a phone call from Mammography saying Miss Massey (breast surgeon) wants me to have a mammo before she sees me on Tuesday. I keep reading how too many scans, xrays etc actually cause cancer but they seem determined to make me have the lot! I'm feeling somewhat fed up. The buses still aren't coming onto our estate, and if they still aren't by Tuesday then I'm not going at all, I'm not walking 20 minutes uphill in ice to wait for another bus that might not turn up!

Oh heck Suzeanna. I hope you get that all sorted. Could they not fit you in on the Tuesday for the mammography prior to your appointment I wonder?

Amazon Prime informed me this morning that my new yard brush was being delivered today by Hermes and gave me a link to track it. On checking I was quite surprised to find that Hermes were confirming delivery today given the weather. I've just checked the tracking page again and it says delivery was attempted at 12.36. We were both sat here and nobody knocked at the door. Grrrr. They are advising re-delivery will be on the 5th! It seems to me that they haven't actually been able to get it here and are just buying time. If they just admitted that I would be fine because of the weather.

We are now getting what I think is freezing rain. I used to think that that must be snow but this isn't melting the snow and it really stings when it hits your face and hands.

Load of crap Marion... will be sat at home with a cuppa, happened to me before with an order from mark's and royal mail in the snow... anyone would understand but I don't like lies.

Suzeanna, I am sure they wouldn't suggest a test they didn't feel necessary... hope you manage to make your appointment

• Like 1

Snow has arrived here, Steve is on 7lates so is driving a bus in this..they have altered the routes to stick to main roads but even they are bad..the route he is on is not very nice either. I have asked him to call when he gets home...if he doesn't call, that's a 1am call I will be making

Will they be sitting in their armchairs going "brmmm brmmmm" (or whatever noise a train makes) I wonder.

Archie has gone for a short walk with Ruby. He's got his polartec fleece on and his coat on top of that. More roads are opening here but the east of the county around Penrith, which got it worse than we did, still have a lot of roads closed.

We are expecting sleet tonight.

Steve did call but on his way home, asked him to call when he got in but he didn't...knew he was ok as I sent a message and only got 1tick so knew he had turned his phone off

Went up the shop, got milk and bread and got back in one piece

remember the 2 shih tzus I was going to foster, but they couldn't get them here due to the snow? the poor sods have had 4 fosters, yes 4 in that time. one had them 25 MINUTES before they changed their minds. the transporter hadn't even got home before he had to turn round and go back. while doing that, he had an accident and wrote his mothers car off. this foster, only 27 miles away, has had them 2 days. they are perfect, but they have changed their minds about fostering them. so they are coming here tomorrow

the boys like to just sleep on the sofa. they are clean, no bother at all. they just need their 2nd vacs, and can go up for adoption, but they have to be somewhere long enough to be assessed

What's the matter with people? you can't judge a dog on 25 minutes! We fostered a golden retriever for Irish Retriever Rescue some years ago, lovely girl but completely clueless about housetraining, bless her. I bet they thought they'd be getting cute well groomed little doggies and the reality didn't match up! It took Candy a few months to really show us the dog she is now, and our lurcher Dylan was a flipping nightmare with other dogs for a good two years, good job we aren't quitters or he'd had been on the next boat back to Ireland!

I picked up my compression sleeve today, it's certainly bright! I would have called it cerise, rather than magenta, but it's a lovely colour. Heck of a struggle to get it on, but comfortable once it is. I'm hoping they might let me have another one, I'd go for blue if they will.

If you scroll down, you can see the colours. Aqua looks good.

https://www.mediuk.co.uk/drug-tariff/upper-limb/mediven-esprit-arm/