UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Big Freeze

Jazz

Yes, you are supposed to wash dogs paws after walking due to the grit and antifreeze.

I got Molly a coat, he doesn't bother putting it on her as he says she is fine

Fat balls out, seed topped up and mealworms added...only filled it up yesterday. My dad and his bright ideas...let's feed the birds but somehow I end up paying??

Well he's an idiot. Tell him to go out without his coat and see how he feels then. There are still too many people in this country that think "oh dogs have fur they will be OK". We have an elderly Irish neighbour who is lovely on all counts but fails to see the need to put coats on her two lurchers. I've tried gently suggesting that they should have them but it's just beyond her ken :shrug:

I have made a chilli as I finally got a real person at Hello Fresh who located our box to the delivery company's depot. Hopefully it will get here tomorrow.

I got in the car which started fine, but instead of just running it for a couple of minutes I decided to drive to Asda in next road, as main roads in village are clear now though all side streets are sheets of ice. The wind chill was so bad I didn't want to walk to corner shop. Everyone going at snail pace, only problem was I could not safely back car on to my uphill drive as too slippery. Went and turned round and managed to get in there forwards.

We've had blizzards since yesterday. Snow is knee deep in some places as it's the powdery kind which 'drifts'. I wimped out and didn't take the dogs out. Only Cooper complained but I doubt he'd have gone very far anyway. Our boiler packed up last night as well. Our plumber made a heroic effort and got here at lunchtime. Luckily was just a frozen pipe and he soon sorted it and got the heating back on.

So pleased Archie is fine Yantan and Ruby got back safely.

Hope everyone keeps warm and safe tonight.

My friend had to plough through waist deep snow to feed her horses, near Holymoorside just outside Chesterfield.

Another friend is worried that a disabled neighbour seems to have gone missing. Police cannot attend due to accidents etc. People are putting their heads together and ringing hospitals etc,

eve, is it the white plastic pipe? if so just boil a kettle of water next time and carefully pour over the pipe, it will thaw out the frozen water inside and the boiler can be reset

Yes it was and I saw that video on twitter after the plumber had been lol.

Our boiler is upstairs though so the pipe is high up on the wall at the side of the house

Good news about your friend's missing neighbour Owl

Jazz, can you teach Luna a 'leave' command. Then swap whatever she's guarding with a treat. How old is she?

I did battle the snow with the dogs this morning but they weren't enjoying it so was just a short one. Poor wee Nick was almost disappearing into the drifts lol.

Friend's missing neighbour was in fact in his house but too unwell with flu to get to the door. He was in urgent need of care, so it is good that she raised the alarm. His family are now looking after him.

• Like 1