UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Big Freeze

Jazz

Lol, I have surprised myself that I can walk in heels, only been wearing them for just over a year. Just waiting for a little bit of warmer weather and I will get them on!!

My brother called for mother's Day and my mum ended up saying there was someone at the door, she has sorted her whole American trip herself and he basically told her what she had done was crap and she should have been doing other stuff and paying a bit more.... apparently to Gina £2000 plane ticket is cheap!! Finally my mum sees why I get up and walk out when he's here

• Like 1

I must admit I forgot to watch it! I did like the whippet though, one of my favourite breeds. I always watch Supervet but I don't think I'd go to his tour. Did you see the last episode? I'm always crying over the animals, but this is the first time I've cried about an owner.

I'd admire PETA more if they did something about the puppy farmers, that "industry" really does need a spotlight on it.

• Like 2

I have had my annual Crufts fix watching the online coverage for 4 days. Channel 4's coverage as rubbish. They didn't show any of the main ring events before BIS, including the very popular Mary Ray's performance.

That is her last one as the KC are revamping the format of the final evening for next year.

I liked the the pointer and newfie but all the finalists were excellent examples of their breed. It must be very difficult to judge different breeds against each other.

I like bits of Crufts particularly where the dogs are allowed to be dogs. I don't really care to see them primped, held on tight leads & paraded around the ring. I'd like to go some day particularly for the trade and rescue stands.

I can't recall the last time I went to the cinema. We still have an independently owned cinema in town which seems to be doing well. The last time I went to one of the multiplex's to see a 3D film as our local isn't set up for 3D I found it too loud. Oh that was the last time I went to the cinema now I come to think of it and the film was Gravity. I saw The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe at the same muliplex some years before and my head was thumping that time too because of the volume.

I enjoyed it but you cant judge without being hands on, I did like the whippet as well though. One thing I can't stand are the cuts they give the coats of the show dogs. It doesn't have to be that long and fluffy to see they have an excellent coat and enjoy good health.

When I had Westies the dog groomer was under strict instructions not to let them have skirts and cauliflower heads I cant stand that, and besides its easier to see the dog underneath. They did do quite a bit this year about getting puppy farms made illegal I will look up that petition and sign it.

Something they didn't mention and I might email or tweet them next year is the backlash for breed specific rescues getting swamped with calls as everyone wants the trendy new dog that happened to win last night, and are not prepared to go through checks visits etc. I know Westie Rehoming (whom I volunteer for) had the phone ringing red hot when the Westie won. Also in a few months time when they are dumped as they weren't what was expected the rescues will be swamped again. I bet the greyhound and whippet people are run ragged today.