UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Febs Chatty Time

Jazz

we had blizzard conditions a couple times here too, its -2 at the mo and the roads are finally cleared as the gritter drivers couldn't get to the depot to go out last night

lots of lovely snow that is a little bit too deep for my Cliffy right now. My house is surprisingly warm considering I haven't had the heating on today.

oh just glanced out the window just starting snowing again, tiny little flakes

Yantan...did you feel the earthquake??

just taken Steve his birthday prezzies lol...whilst i was waiting for him this weird bloke turned up and was talking to me...i was trying my best not to engage with him and was giving him 1 word answers ..... still didn't take the hint...luckily Steve arrived before i had to tell him to eff off, he made me feel really uncomfortable!

I text Steve afterwards as if I had said anything while the fella was on his bus...well who knows what he would do, he knows I can take care of myself but I really didn't like that man at all!!

Zooplus are really good, I ordered something the wrong size and tried to return it, they told me to keep it and refunded the money...gave it to my mate who does rescue, thought that was lovely of them

Suzeanna thinking positive thoughts for you :flowers:

Griff earthquake - what earthquake?

I ordered something from Zooplus late yesterday afternoon and got an email last night to say it had been dispatched. I am sure the weather will hold it up but we'll see.

We got lots of snow overnight and it is bitterly cold. I decided not to take Archie out but let him out in the back lane a few times. He LOVES being out there for some reason. Trotting back and forth whilst he finds interesting things to sniff is enough exercise for an almost 15yr old in this weather. My face was stinging with the cold and my nose was like a little block of ice after less than 10 minutes. We are going to brave it again shortly. Not looking forward to it.

Another huge fan of Zooplus and their customer service is superb.

We've got snow but not too heavy. Biting cold wind though. Got the dogs out for their walks, shorter than usual but they didn't mind. Weather app says it's -2, feels like -10. It's spot on lol. We're all snuggled up on the sofa together now.

Hope your scan results are positive Suzeanna

Thanks for the good wishes again, hope they work! According to the forecast we weren't meant to get snow today. Ha! It's coming down heavily and shows no sign of stopping. Philip's coming home, they were all told if they wanted they could leave now. I filled up my bird feeders earlier and despite the falling snow there are loads of goldfinches on them.

• Like 1

I filled the bird table up this morning, the hanging bird seed feeder and put out extra suet pellets and mealworms in addition to the suet blocks and suet balls already out. The birds have never stopped coming to feed. I put some suet and mealworms under a wire basket under a bush so the little 'uns get something without the crows and pigeons taking it all.

Yantan, there was supposedly an earthquake in Cumbria.

Suzeanna, whatever comes your way, you will deal with it xx hope Philip gets home safely

No snow to speak of hear, brilliant sunshine at the moment, my dad is off sick with a cough, cold sore throat so have just made a curry to burn it out of him lol...I have a veggie curry

I have blue tits, coal tits and sparrows and robins, I have fat balls, 2different seeds and some mealworms...greedy little sods are eating me out of house and home lol...I bulk buy my fat balls now, £50 for 4 quid

About 3 to 4 inches of snow here, roads very slippy, not going anywhere. No goldfinches at my feeders but lots of blackbirds, robins, tits, dunnocks. I have several small dishes of feed round patio and take them in every night, as well as various bigger feeders by house and under big leylandii at end of garden where they all roost. Stops them squabbling and stops blackbirds keeping the rest away. A good day for repotting some cacti, changing aquarium water. Wispa and I keep going into garden for a short time then getting back indoors pdq.

Griff I never felt a thing and was totally unaware that we'd had an earthquake.

I've just ordered a replacement yard brush for the one I broke yesterday trying to brush the snow from the path. I have Amazon Prime but I don't think it'll arrive tomorrow if the roads are as truly bad as the media are making out.

The snow here is melting now as the temperature has gone up a bit, although its still cold. The main roads are now all free of snow but some of the back roads are still covered and apparently pretty slick according to a neighbour.

Steve called me on his way back from work....on speaker, he was going along and saw a car run into the back of another....he wasn't involved so went on his way, he said he saw a white car driving off...anyway, he is chatting to me and he says, I am sure that car that got ran into his following me. I told him not to go home but pull over and he said a fella in his late 60's came over and asked could he look at the front of Steve's car, he said of course, it wasn't him who ran into the back of him. The chap was sooooooo apologetic for tooting his horn at Steve and he was saying it's a hire car that has to go back tomorrow.. Steve just said if I was you, I would quickly drive back as he was sure it was a white Yaris that hit him...how nasty, just to drive off

B&m Jazz or wilko