UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Life, The Universe & Everything Else

Yantan

That's nice Jazz.

Blackmagic, thank you. I thought we looked reasonably efficient and people were watching Wispa rather than my scruffy hair.

You were very much how I imagined you to be except I imagined mousey brown hair.

It is funny how you imagine how someone who you have never met looks and often a surprise when you do meet them.

Wispa was much bigger than I imagined her to be.

I am so glad the dog at Locksley (sp?) Hall has been found. I think Archie would have made a good tracker in his young days. I wish I had known about it then. Owl how long do you think Wispa can carry on with her tracking. If I'm right I think she is 11 now? She looked very fit on the telly!

I was reading the Telegraph paper either yesterday or the day before and there was a mention of Lesley from Trallwm (again, spelling?) Farm. Does anyone here keep in touch with her?

We went to Llanfair PG yesterday - you know that place with the longest name in the UK. I've been before but we had a bit more time to look around this time. We found a fab farm shop where I bought some lovely produce and listened to the 2 ladies serving talking in Welsh to each other and other customers. It is a beautiful lilting language.

We are going to take our last 2 days here easy. After walking Archie - there dog walking opportunities here are fab! - we are going to buy Sunday papers today and settle in under the throws we are so glad we brought with us and read and stuff our faces.

Happy New Year to all. What shall we call the January thread?

2 out of 3, not bad, Jazz.

Blackmagic, I have never had mousy brown hair lol. Before it went silver it was very dark brown. I know what you mean, though. I met someone the other day who I only knew online and she was quite different from my mental picture of her.

Wispa is indeed a big dog. She was bigger than I expected when I took her on as a foster. And then she grew another 2 inches after that!

In answer to your question, Yantan, I do not know how long she will carry on working. We are kind of semi retired so I don't take her out more than twice a week, if that, and I don't travel too far out of my area. It is mainly that she gets stressed if she has to encounter stressed owners too much. It seems to bother her more than it did. Also we don't do strenuous mountain and moorland work as neither of us is up to it now. She is as you say about 11, but seems to be a mix of durable and long lived breeds so with any luck we will continue tracking for another 2 or 3 years, maybe more.

• Like 1

Well at least you are getting something you want Griff.

If Wispa is anything like Archie she will certainly have another 2 or 3 years tracking in her. I think she is a lovely dog :wub: :wub: With Archie it is the loss of hearing and sight that makes him sort of frail, although frail isn't quite the word I want. We did a forest walk this morning and he trotted and ran all the way around.

I'm going to attempt to stop up to see that he is OK round the midnight hour in case of fireworks. We are on the edge of a village with nothing but fields at the back but are closer to houses than we thought.

Owl it was a piece on how middle class couples were falling out over who had the horse in divorce settlements. Lesley had been asked about her experiences of finding herself in the middle of warring couples whilst trying to keep the horses safe - or something along those lines. My memory is not as reliable as it used to be & the newspaper is in the bottom of the recycling bin now.

• Like 1