UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Cosy Nook

Yantan

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.rr. Winter draws on.

Tis very cold here but lovely to have a blue sky with a crisp frost making everything look pretty. Archie has gone out with the DW and his pals. I wrapped him up in his coat to keep Johnny Wind from getting him. I'm staying put today.

Has anyone had any snow yet?

We have had wuntry showers of hail, sleet or snow for the last week.

It was white frost thing this morning with a covering of snow but it is slowly melting.

Got to go out for an appointment this afternoon but it is c-o-l-d out there.

I put up the window feeder for the birds on Monday. It took a day for the birds to accept it. They flew past at speed , then darted in and grabbed a mealworm then flew off to eat it.

Then when we came home later on the birds were gathered on the hawthorn three in the front garden which overlooks the feeder.

Yesterday they were pushing each other off the feeder.

This morning there is a queue waiting to grab their chance.

It is feeder with spaces for water, mealworm, seed and a fat ball on each end. It is interesting watching what they choose. The fIrst day It was always mealworms,

Then Tuesday it was seed and the fat balls.

Yesterday was not so cold so it was the seed with an occasional mealworm.

just been to the hospital. she asked if id been to cambridge, i said weeks ago. oh, she hasnt got the letter, so nothing she can do. can you help the hearing loss, tinitus or dizziness? no she says. so why didnt you just ring and ask if ive been instead of wasting an appointment? she didnt like being had a go at

What a waste of time and effort, Jazz.

Bitterly cold today, then we had a couple of hours of soggy snowflakes and they melted at once. Seems a bit less cold.

I just put up a triple feeder, 3 cylinders on a tray with a lid over all of them. Seed, fatballs and peanuts. Robin was there quickly and the rest of them not long after. Pigeons and doves get fed via bedroom window, on flat roof of kitchen extension. There are other feeders under trees at end of garden for birds who don't like coming so close.

It's a party here every day for the birds. They all seem to have worked out a routine although the occasional squabble breaks out. At the moment I am feeding them seed, suet and mealworms. My neighbour does the same so there's always ample to go round. A lot of them live in our enormous bay tree and sing to us every morning.

Very cold here tonight.