UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Tear And Share Loaf.

Yantan

Thank you Jazz xx

Suzeanna, you are quite right, and in fact we have been lovingly telling her that. I am hoping she will slip away before we get into the complicated world of court orders etc.

I'm sorry to read your news but please do try not to worry about this. It may be difficult to watch at the moment / in the days ahead unfortunately but I think there will come a point when nature will take it's kindest course. Not quite the same illness but my Uncle died of lung cancer. His final 3 weeks were largely spent in what sounds like a similar state but the time did come (not having done so for days) that he opened his eyes for one last time and then a couple of hours later he slipped away naturally. May you each find peace and comfort in the days ahead.

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1

Hope Mouse is o.k Jazz

got up at stupid oclock, took my chemo tabs as Steve is having a boiler fitted i offered to either walk Molly or sit in the house whilst he walks her, messaged him at 6,30...10am he gets told they aren't coming until tomorrow now, he says he will leave the workmen in the house on their own while he pops out....do people really do that?? i can't help tomorrow anyway as i am out in the afternoon

Thanks Ian for your kind message. Sadly this situation could go on for weeks and months. Situation has changed again. Angela is now technically conscious and breathing independently with support of a very small oxygen mask, and her tracheotomy has been removed. She is technically able to speak but still finds it difficult. She is having speech therapy but is no longer co operating. She has been moved to a rehab ward with no windows and is getting no stimulus apart from her friends. Staff are not nearly as good as in ICU. Mostly she just shuts her eyes and does not respond, sometimes she appears to be crying. She is still being fed by tube, and the staff hope she will be able to eat a liquid diet before long. We honestly think she has had enough and just wants to go.

The size of marbles, Jazz? In a tiny dog like that? Eek!

I am sure there is a special food that they need to have to prevent the reoccurrence of the crystals....it might be dependent on which type of crystal they are

Owl...that is so sad, you would think common sense would say a rehab ward should have natural light and plenty of windows...must be hard for all who care about her

Thanks Ian for your kind message. Sadly this situation could go on for weeks and months. Situation has changed again. Angela is now technically conscious and breathing independently with support of a very small oxygen mask, and her tracheotomy has been removed. She is technically able to speak but still finds it difficult. She is having speech therapy but is no longer co operating. She has been moved to a rehab ward with no windows and is getting no stimulus apart from her friends. Staff are not nearly as good as in ICU. Mostly she just shuts her eyes and does not respond, sometimes she appears to be crying. She is still being fed by tube, and the staff hope she will be able to eat a liquid diet before long. We honestly think she has had enough and just wants to go.

The size of marbles, Jazz? In a tiny dog like that? Eek!

It sounds like a very sad and difficult situation. I do wish some Dr's, Judges and Politicians would recognise the difference between what may be scientifically possible and what may be in the patients best interests / desires. We end up under the present system with people who would like to die peacefully being forced to live under threat of themselves or their loved ones being prosecuted whilst others such as little Charlie Gard and his parents are denied the opportunity to fight for life for no other reason than that some Dr & Judge says this is for the best in their opinion.

Obviously those who cannot express their wishes can't just be killed off on the whim of someone else& must be protected but I'd personally have no problem with those who are clearly suffering and / or who have expressed a clear wish whilst able to do so being assisted to die. It's not as if the need for increasing amounts of morphine to fight pain doesn't inevitably also bring about death anyway. If we allowed an animal to end their days the way we see some people do so we'd quite possibly be prosecuted for that yet people are treated so differently........ it's not a logical system.

Ian, couldn't agree more! Life is a precious thing but when you are merely existing and suffering....well in my opinion that isn't right. My family all know my wishes...i however think perhaps I should put something in writing, i also know my parents don't want to be left lingering on and suffering...i am fine with that but who knows what my brother would do and he is the oldest...ultimately his call

My nan was a staunch catholic, she had cancer and obviously believed suicide a sin, she said had she known how painful it would become she would have done something long before, the only thing she did do was put a dnr in place and refuse any antibiotics for the chest infection and following pneumonia we were told to expect, all of this occurred in the hospice, my mum was named next of kin but that didn't stop her older brother demanding the Dr treat her...even though he knew it wasn't what she wanted, thankfully mum is not afraid to speak her mind and refused to be bullied and backed the Drs decision not to treat her mum as per her own wishes. I would have ended her suffering the minute she slipped into the coma, same for my other nan...life can be very cruel and nobody knows when it is likely to happen to them and i think when you go and register with a Dr or turn 18, you should have the option to fill in a form and put your wishes on record

• Like 1

Ian, couldn't agree more! Life is a precious thing but when you are merely existing and suffering....well in my opinion that isn't right. My family all know my wishes...i however think perhaps I should put something in writing, i also know my parents don't want to be left lingering on and suffering...i am fine with that but who knows what my brother would do and he is the oldest...ultimately his call

My nan was a staunch catholic, she had cancer and obviously believed suicide a sin, she said had she known how painful it would become she would have done something long before, the only thing she did do was put a dnr in place and refuse any antibiotics for the chest infection and following pneumonia we were told to expect, all of this occurred in the hospice, my mum was named next of kin but that didn't stop her older brother demanding the Dr treat her...even though he knew it wasn't what she wanted, thankfully mum is not afraid to speak her mind and refused to be bullied and backed the Drs decision not to treat her mum as per her own wishes. I would have ended her suffering the minute she slipped into the coma, same for my other nan...life can be very cruel and nobody knows when it is likely to happen to them and i think when you go and register with a Dr or turn 18, you should have the option to fill in a form and put your wishes on record

You can make a'living will' where you can state what treatment you do and do not want to have. The nurse at my GP practice told me she has mad hers.

https://compassionindying.org.uk/making-decisions-and-planning-your-care/planning-ahead/advance-decision-living-will/

Ruby's been down in Devon overnight on a business trip. She's on the train home and she texted me to tell me what time she's due back. Apparently Rob Bryden is sitting right opposite her. She's hoping he won't bother her for a selfie :laughingsmiley:

It's been like summer here today. Blue skies, sun and really rather warm and a tad humid at times. :laughingsmiley: