UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Februarys Fond Fumbles

Jazz

My friend in Connecticut is at home as everything has shut down due to heavy snow. It's called having a "snow day" which was declared yesterday in advance so everyone knows not to try to get to work/school or whatever. Wish we got snow like that!

We are losing some lovely neighbours soon as they are moving up to Scotland (she is is Scottish) They've sold their house but unfortunately it's going to be yet another holiday home. The people buying it already own the one opposite. It doesn't seem fair that some people can't even buy a house to live in yet others can buy 3 or 4.

I've had my hair cut and I told the hairdresser I wasn't very pleased with it last time. She said it was because she left it a bit longer on top at my request (which I did indeed ask for) so suggested that she would cut it shorter this time but it would need to go pretty short so that it wouldn't get too heavy and therefore not keep it's shape between now and my next cut. So she did and it does look much better!

Glad you liked your hair Yantan.

I think there should be a law that you can't own more than two houses, for whatever reason. As you say it's crazy that so many holiday homes stay empty for most of the year when there are people desperate for a house.

I washed my hair earlier with that yucky stuff..it hasn't done anything to the colour, but it feels awful. You aren't allowed to use conditioner after it, and when you shower or bath with the stuff you aren't meant to put on body lotion for at least half an hour. That's going to be difficult, I have extremely dry skin and I need to moisturise straight away after a bath. This operation is a bl**dy nuisance!

I don't know how I would go on with not being able to moisturise as I have psoriasis and have to slather myself in hydrous cream every day. I'll bet you will be relieved not just to get the operation behind you but get closer to the day you can have a good hair wash and a good moisturise Suzeanna.

OK does anyone have, or know anyone who has, a cat on a prescription diet for an overactive thyroid? My aunt, who lost her old cat recently, has about 5kg of opened prescription cat biscuits and 13 cans of prescription wet food which she'd just like some to use up rather than throwing it out. The local rescue don't want it,

If someone would like it but hasn't the wherewithal to pay for the postage my aunt and I would cover it and the same applies if someone knows a rescue that could use it.

Yantan, pleased you like your hair.

Jazz, shame your friend cancelled

Suzeanna, I would just wait as long as you can without being too uncomfortable and then moisturize

Took myself to town and posted Steve's valentines card, he will laugh his head off when he opens it

Gosh, i am cold...i have turned the heating on again...just for the dogs you understand Lol

Yantan, it amazes me how rescues can refuse stuff sometimes...the cans they could easily sell...even on ebay if needs be.My friend runs a dog rescue and if i have anything, i pass it to her and if it is no good to her, she will pass it on to someone who can make use of it.

Suzeanna, i hope very much to get back on before but if i don't get chance, i just want to wish you all the very very best for Monday, i do hope it isn't too painful or distressing for you xxx

• Like 1

Thanks Griff..all good wishes much appreciated! I had haematology clinic this morning, they are having to up my chemo tablet dose as my platelet count has gone up again, drat it. That means more mouth ulcers etc. Candy obviously didn't appreciate being left for two and half hours, she's someone redesigned the kitchen carpet by the door! Lavish application of duct tape has stuck it down, good job I'm not madly houseproud, neither is Philip, he'll laugh.

• Like 1

Suzeanna, get in touch with my homeopath...she is brill

http://caninenaturalcures.co.uk/

she does a product called no chew...delaney used to munch everything when i was out, shoes, knickers, carpet and i got in touch with that lady, got the no chew and in 2 days he was so very much better.

Awww i feel for you with the mouth ulcers, i am sure they already do but do they prescribe Nystatin? it tastes a bit minging but you do get used to it and it is the most awful snot green colour but i used it during my infusions and i never got a mouth ulcer...now i am on oral chemo like you i regularly get ulcers

Yantan, try asking on catchat.org if any rescue would like that stuff. Bet it gets snapped up.

Griff, I wonder if the obnoxious twonk was the same neurologist who failed to recognise that late OH had a combination of fibromyalgia and hepatitis C and said there was nothing wrong with him except bad temper. I have met some rude consultants but he was the worst. Spoke to us both as if we were dirt.

• Like 1