UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Februarys Fond Fumbles

Jazz

Oh wish I had your eyelashes Griff. Mine are so fair you can't see them. When I was younger I used to get them dyed but can't be on with all that stuff now. I feel for you on not getting the hair cut you wanted. My hairdresser just hasn't cut my hair quite as I wanted the last 2 or 3 times yet when she cut it short from long for me, back in 2015, she made a great job of it and got exactly what I asked for.

Ususally i go to my hairdresser with a photo and we will have a discussion as to what i want and we will come up with something and i am happy...i only said i would go to the training school as my cousin was going to cut my hair...she wasn't allowed, took forever too..mind i suppose i did help as they don't get many people in with short hair and they didn't have many clients...will deffo give the beauty dept a whirl, £3 for a bikini wax and i have to pay £8!!

I think you're brave to have a bikini wax Griff, the idea makes me wince! I have darkish lashes but rely on a lot of mascara. They say no makeup whatsoever for the op, the minute I wake up the eyeliner and mascara will be going on, no matter how wobbly the line. Just noticed the time..I've got to go for a blood test, bus leaves in about five minutes and I need to feed Candy first so better get my backside in gear and get moving.

Edited by suzeanna

it isn't too bad to be honest Suzeanna, the only time i had an issue and actually thought ooo this hurts was when the woman got confused and instead of my bikini line decided to do the lot!!!

I hope you made your blood test...what day is your op? i know they have a pink fit about nail varnish and get mightily annoyed if you turn up with it on Lol

Bit happier with my hair now..just wet it and blowed it this morning, asked my dad if it looked better and he said yes!

Waited five minutes over the time for the bus, which wasn't bad..but when it got to the local secondary about half a million teens got on..slowly...dragged into town, I hurried to the next bus stop two streets up for the next bus, it pulled in and...stopped. Really stopped. Two blokes leapt out of a Stagecoach support van and were digging around in the innards for about ten minutes whilst I watched the time tick by, but they fixed whatever it was, and I made it to the department with about a second to spare.

Op is on Monday, got to be there for 7.30. I've got this icky gloop to wash and shampoo my hair with for five days leading up to it..the nurse who gave me it said did I colour my hair? I said yes and she sort of smiled. Oh dear, this could be interesting!

I had my ultrasound scan this morning. Nothing sinister showed up but my liver is a little enlarged and I stil have gallstones even though they haven't bothered me for the last 10 or 12 years - touchwood. Now the wait to see if the blood tests have revealed anything.I have a lot of unsettling symptoms and I think I would feel better about them if I could give a name to them.

Suzeanna I'm glad you made your appointment but not that the journey there was so by the skin of your teeth. Good luck for Monday.You know we will all be sending positive thoughts for you & will be waiting to hear from you when you feel up to it. :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

• Like 3

Good that nothing nasty on the ultrasound Yantan...hope the blood test does show something, because if there is a definite reason, there should be a route to curing whatever it is. Nothing worse than feeling ill and they tell you there's nothing wrong with you!

I've still got an occasional cough and a sticky throat rather than a sore one, hoping they won't consider that enough to put it off again, I got all keyed up before. I can't imagine how people who have ops cancelled again and again must feel. It does lift me to know you will all be thinking of me, I'll get Philip to put something on if I can't manage to type for a while.

My son and family are going up to Stranraer so his wife can scatter her parents ashes, breaking their journey in Chesterfield today. Three kids in the house and Candy either doesn't like or is afraid of small children..this should be fun! My daughter and her husband are coming over too and say they'll take her out for a walk or in the car if she is too agitated. (Think it's an excuse, myself..they aren't keen on small children either!)

Suzeanna, just give candy a room where she can go with her kong or toys and be left in peace and make it plain that she is not to be disturbed..good that your daughter and sil will take her out though, i get so stressed when my brother comes up fretting about the dogs and him so feel your pain

Yantan, always feel much better when something has a name...i had such weird symptoms for years before i was diagnosed i felt like a right malingerer Lol....if the neurologist had looked at me properly i would have been diagnosed at least a year sooner...but there we go, he was an obnoxious twonk Lol

Well, things didn't go exactly to plan...everyone arrived pretty much at the same time and much to my amazement, after an initial bark, Candy was fine! Aidan (8 year old) sat down by her and she gave him her paw and kissed him, and she wasn't even fazed by the 2 year old twins! She did have a bit of a bark at my d.i.l. but she's tallish with long blonde hair and Candy reacts to women who look like that, but she ended up sitting next to her on the sofa quite happily. They were here for two and half hours...I'm shattered! very exuberant kids, didn't sit still for two minutes! My daughter very kindly (huh!) gave Abby a pair of chopsticks for drumsticks so she could play drums on the metal kitchen bin, oh what fun. I may forgive her in about a years time.

Would it have made any difference if he had, Griff? If so you should sue the twonk.

• Like 1

Nah, not my style....i am blessed with the care the nhs afford me....i would be sueing the NHS and not the obnoxious neurologist, I am still here and that's the main thing and that is thanks to the NHS....if I could sue him personally I may have thought about it ....just to teach him some respect & manners lol