UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Decembers Dishy Delights

Jazz

On vet instruction they are doing an elimination diet with Taz. Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll pass them on. I'm gonna look up the york test Griff.

Suzeanna, that was good of Philip's boss. You are allowed a downer now & again but don't make a habit of it! You have us lot to download on don't forget.

I thought Arch had his vet appt. this morning but it's actually tomorrow. He seems, touchwood, to be back to normal so the 6 in 1 paste did help.

Ted has awful problems with his tummy. He's allergic to chicken, rice etc. He's had all kinds of tests over the years, in the end it was a new vet who suggested trying Wainwrights duck grain free food. His tummy was that bad this time last year, mum and dad thought about saying goodbye, as he was in pain with his tummy all the time and he had constant uncontrollable squits. Since swapping to the grain free diet with duck, he's put on weight, his belly is normal and he's much brighter. Most special diets have chicken and rice in, but those are 2 of Ted's big allergens.

Another good food is Millie's wolfheart grain and filler free, and you can choose the meat to fruit veg mix you want...I think all their carb sources are sweet potato..mine are on the gamekeepers mix

Was the training Christmas party tonight and one of the dogs headbutted me right in the mouth...chipped my front tooth!!

Hope it's something that can be fixed quickly Griff, I hate cleaning up vomit!

Survived the scan with no accidents, although when they put that dye in it feels really weird, my throat went hot as if I'd been drinking something like brandy, then I got this sort of hot feeling in the area of my bladder, it really felt as if I'd wet myself, but apparently that's normal and I hadn't thank goodness. My shoulder and arm ache now from having to have it up above my head without moving for a while, it's a bit iffy at the best of times. I got a surprise earlier, phone went at about 6.40 and it was the senior doctor from my GP practice, he said he'd been reading through various letters he'd got and found the one from the breast clinic. He just wanted to check I was ok, and to tell me he was there in the background if I needed him. I thought that was really kind of him.

• Like 1

Suzeanna, that happened to me...they warned me I would feel liked I had wee'd but I still had to put my hand down to check lol

Lovely of the doctor suzeanna...proper doctoring

Jazz, nope, no idea bill for £170 and 2jabs, blood test and liquid stuff, vet will call tomorrow am with results...she now won't eat and hasn't had a wee

That was kind of your GP Suzeanna. He sounds like a nice man.

Well after another episode my brother had to take Taz for a scan today and to have some blood taken. Nothing showed up on the blood tests they did inhouse but the scan showed something in his stomach. The vets don't want to speculate at this point preferring to wait for the results of the blood tests they sent to the lab and possibly some further investigation. All Taz wants is his daddy & cries for him when he's out of his sight. This latest lot cost another £400 so they've started an insurance claim. They are so glad I advised them to get their boy insured as they had no idea there was such a thing.

That's nice of your doctor Suzeanna :flowers:

Hope Taz is on the mend soon :GroupHug:

Hope Deags is better soon :GroupHug:

Got a group email at work today to say that a lady who had been treated at work today had forgotten to take her drops home and was really worried. I looked at the map and realised if I made a short detour, I could drop them off at her house on my way home. She is in her 90s and was so grateful. Think that might have got me some brownie points with the big boss. My line manager who is on paternity leave at the moment sent me an email to say thank you and he was really pleased that I went the extra mile (literally) for her :)

• Like 3