UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Decembers Dishy Delights

Jazz

I had a lovely get-together with Evie and her mummy yesterday. Because it's not that long since I last saw she was only shy for a couple of minutes and then the ice was broken. I don't think she drew breath the whole while we were together.

At one stage she insisted that me and not her mummy take her to the hotel toilet so off we went. She was sitting on the loo for ages whilst I stood in the open cubicle doorway as chatted but finally I asked her if she was done weeing. She promptly chirped in a very loud voice "I'm having a poo now. In fact I am having lots of poo's. I'm probably having 60". I apologised to the other bathroom users for the TMI moment but they were all stifling laughs by that point.

I am trying to do some housework but keep getting distracted!

Glad you enjoyed your get together Yantan, even if Evie was a bit too forthcoming!

I was getting annoyed earlier listening to Jeremy Vine on the radio. Apparently they are debating the idea of removing bus passes from pensioners, also the free tv licence for the over 80's and maybe the fuel allowance. Listen here you lot, we don't all have MP's wages and their gold plated pensions! Because I paid a reduced stamp when my children were small and I worked, I get just over £50 a week pension. Probably what that lot get an hour! If they take away bus passes, the people like me who live in the semi rural areas and have to get a bus to get anywhere won't be able to afford it, so the buses will have less passengers and then they'll take buses off. Soooo, more people stuck indoors, watching the tv. Oh no sorry, they won't be able to as they can't afford the bloody licence.

I know HGLS if you are reading this you'll think lots of people worse off in India, Syria etc but I'm fed up with this country sending aid to every place in the world (including China. China???!!!) and we are last in the line. Rant over.

No doubt they will stop the heating allowance and the bus pass and whatever else just as I get to the age I could benefit from them. I lost out by the raising of the pension age too.

I thought the winter fuel allowance was a flat £300 for everyone of pension age but my neighbour told me the other day she only gets £140. Have they changed that already?

Thanks Suzeanna. She gets pension credit so maybe that has something to do with it??

I've not heard from by brother or his family since. We do that - don't see or hear from one another for a couple of weeks and then see/hear from each other every day for the next couple. I will be seeing them for sure next week so will find out. My brother is not one for making a fuss but my s-in-l and niece will speak up when they are not happy with something. I've been telling everyone I know here for sure.

just been for coffee with a friend who does fundraising for charities. A group turned up with food while I was there, so ive come home with 16 tins of soup and 4 tins of curry, 2 big bottles of milk so going to live on soup lol

thinking of suzanna xx