UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Decembers Dishy Delights

Jazz

Owl I am starting to hate these short days too, although I always used to love them when I was younger. It is so dark this morning and raining to boot. Great.

I'm glad the dog on the urgent list has been picked up. What a relief for his or her owners.

Don't overdo the tracking tomorrow and set yourself back.

I am definitely coming down with something. I'm feeling "uggrrgghh" this morning.

OH came in from work last night cursing..he'd had to go wide in the road to miss a van parked badly, went over something with a heck of a bump and wrecked his front tyre. Of course these days cars don't have a spare as such, just a funny little tyre you can use so this morning at 8.30 I was on the phone to National Tyres checking they had one of ours in (they had) and he was wrestling with a very stiff car jack to change tyres. He'd just done it when our nice neighbour came out and asked if he needed help and said he had a trolley jack! Oh well, it's something to know for the future. That's around £90 he didn't expect to have to spend.

He's had to phone work to tell them he'll be late in, and he's already warned them he'll be in late tomorrow as he's taking me to the hospital. I've told him to bring Candy with us, he can take her for a walk whilst I get the verdict.

Owl, have you tried a SAD light...i know it sounds insane but Delaney used to suffer with it and i had to buy one for him...i know who would have thought a dog would suffer with sad but he did, it really did help him, i also have an daylight bulb in the living room now, more expensive than the usual energy saving bulbs but so much better

Suzeanna, best of luck for tomorrow, are you sure you don't want philip in with you? if i had been nearer i would have come

Oh thanks Griff, that's so kind but to be honest, if I am going to get bad news I'd rather be on my own. I know he'll be upset if it is bad, and knowing he's upset will upset me. I can keep it together better by myself...probably won't last after I get outside though. If it's not raining there is a park about ten minutes max drive away where he can take Candy, as soon as I'm out of the clinic I'll phone him and by the time I've hiked half way round the blooming hospital to get out he'll pretty much be back.

The car cost him £117 in the end..87 for the tyre, and 30 to have the tracking done. Just when you think your finances are on an even keel something comes along to capsize you!

I know what you mean Suzeanna, i just take the news and get on with it....easier for me to hear it and try and tell my parents after i have had time to think about things. As i say, i have everything crossed for you...well not my legs as that hurts my back Lol...you deserve a bit of good news

I haven't tried SAD lamp though do have a salt lamp which is said to help SAD. I also have LED bulbs in most light fittings.

Tracking was good today as we found a lot of fresh scent left by this old collie who has been missing for nearly 3 weeks with no sightings for 10 days. The need to step up publicity in the area we found the scent. Very glad we got a lift with Isobel, otherwide I woudl have been very tired. But I am getting better gradually.

Suzeanna I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

I too hate these dark mornings.

I worked with a woman who suffered from SAD. She had a SAD light which did help her. She said she had found she to have it switch on before she woke up to get the best effect.

Suzeanna, we bought a spare wheel for our car as it only had the spray kit , which is useless if your tyre is cut or ripped. When our last car was written off we replaced it with the same model so Jim took the spare wheel out and kept it for the next car. The insurance said we could take anything off the car as it was being scrapped so he also removed the tow bar as well.

Will be thinking of you tomorrow, Suzeanna.

Have you picked up a Danish bug, Yantan?

Have you picked up a Danish bug, Yantan?

More likely an SAS airplane bug. They do say a plane is full of bugs and the guy sitting in front of me kept coughing throughout the flight home.

Owl rest up well and keep warm. You and Isobel and the pups did well today. I hope they find the old collie very, very soon.

Griff how's your back and have you seen the doctor?

Suzeanna I will keeping you in my thoughts tomorrow and sending positive thoughts for a good outcome.

Yantan....sorry missed you were feeling poorly, hope you feel better soon. I spoke to my nurse who suggested I contact my consultant but I don't want to do that at the moment

Owl...funny you should mention salt lamps, I was looking at those today!!!

Black magic, we always make sure we have a proper spare...so much more reliable

I think I made my own salt lamp once. I had a huge hunk of dead sea salt that I brought back from Israel and used to put a candle behind it. It did look pretty. However over the years I knocked bits of it either by accident or design (to give to people/kids who expressed an interest in it) so now I only have a small piece left. Might have to invest in a proper salt lamp now :)

Well I am snottered up, got a nice rattly cough to go with it and one of my eyes won't stop watering. It's hardly worth going away to come back feeling so hooky. So glad it's DW day today for Archie so I can stop put.

Where's Gooster disappeared too?

Thinking of you Suzeanne :flowers:

Sorry you have the lurgy, Yantan, hope it soons clears up.

I am officially AN IDIOT. Looked at my appointment card this morning to recheck the time and realised it's not this Thursday it's NEXT Thursday!! Arghh! at least I realised before I got there. I should have thought that a week was too soon to have biopsy results!