UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Decembers Dishy Delights

Jazz

I hope you all had a nice weekend and will tell us all the gossip

lewis bought me a box of jelly babies. Ive been very good and had a few a night, but couldn't resist the rest. seeing double now, going to have a hangover in the morning lol

I'm home from Copenhagen where we had a fabulous time. They make the Christmas season very special there, what a lovely experience. The food was lush too! However it's a terribly expensive place but if ever you get chance to go - go and money be damned!

Griff sorry to hear about your back, feel better soon.

Suzeanna continuing good thoughts being sent for you.

Glad you had a good time, Yantan.

Haven't felt like posting much, still struggling with this bug and only doing necessary stuff. Also another old friend went over the Bridge in his sleep, together with his old puli the same night.

Everyone wants me to go and track, and I just cant' do it.

Owl, so very sorry to hear of your loss..but how sweet that they both went together. As for everyone wanting you to track, you rest up well, get 100% before you even attempt that please

Jazz, sorry you have had to talk to yourself Lol

Yantan, pleased you had a good time

Back still no better, i will just have to wait for it to pass...i have done everything, heat and cold, rest, movement,diazepam, naproxen,paracetomal and codeine....it feels better sometimes and then i get up and move and oh my word!!! i haven't been crying yet though Lol i have to drag myself down to the Drs tonight so will have a word then

Stay put Owl, snuggle in and get better :GroupHug: Very sorry to hear about your friend and his dog but it's rather lovely that they went together.

I had a stonking headache yesterday. It started just after we left the airport for the drive home but turned into a migraine by tea time. I went to bed early with it but it woke me up at 3am still pounding. I took more meds and then got up at 7am with such a pain in the middle of my back and both shoulders. More meds and a cup of tea and about an hour later I was good to go! I wish your back was so easy to treat Griff. Don't put up with that pain and get yourself off to the docs missus :GroupHug:

Archie is worn out by all the walking he's done with the DW. He was a good boy whilst he stopped with them but was hand fed his tea on the sofa as, once he got back after the walks, he refused to budge. Talk about spoiling him.

My brother's dog had an awfully traumatic time at the groomers yesterday and my bro and his family are really annoyed about it. Gary dropped Taz off to have his wash and brush up and a bit of a tidy on his coat. He's been going there for quite a while although Gary was telling me he's never keen about going in but they just put it down to him not liking being bathed etc.

So yesterday my brother had gone to PAH to get Taz a treat when he got a phone call from the groomer. He could hear a dog in distress in the background. It was Taz and the groomer was demanding my bro come and pick him up as he'd gone nuts and she was frightened of him!

When bro got there he was shocked to see Taz. The groomer has converted her garage into a grooming parlour and she'd shut him in there whilst she stood outside. He was throwing himself at the walls and screaming. My brother had never heard or seen him like that but thought Taz would be OK once he saw my brother had come back for him but Taz wouldn't be pacified and growled and snapped at my bro. Anyway long story cut short - it turned out the groomer had cut his nails right down to the quick, something my brother hadn't requested, and some of them were bleeding. At the time my brother could see some blood but didn't know from where it came and thought that the groomer had nicked Taz with the clippers.

They had to put a sock on one of his paws last night on the advice of the vet's who booked Taz in for an examination this morning. It was the vet who discovered the cause of the upset.

They won't be taking Taz there again. They rang the groomer and told her what the vet had discovered but she said nothing, not even a sorry. She should have and also refunded them the money which my bro paid in advance. Needless to say they aren't going to take him back there. If that had happened to my Archie I would have gone NUTS at the bloody woman :mad:

Glad you had a great time Yantan..regarding your brother's dog, I think he should make a real fuss about it, including contacting the local papers. This person isn't fit to groom animals if she can't even clip nails without causing trauma.

So sorry your back is bad Griff, is it muscular or spinal pain? Would a tens machine help at all?

The last two nights I've hardly slept due to my grotty neighbours blasted dogs barking in the garden literally for hours. He sleeps through it as he's deaf, and his wife is working nights more often than not. I'm going to take a video camera into the bedroom tonight and record the noise then play it to the council on the phone if it keeps happening, it's driving me mad, I'm tense enough waiting for Thursday's results without being sleepless too!

Hope you get your shopping without freezing, Jazz.

Welcome back Alex, hope all is ok with you?

Owl, you can't do your best for anyone unless you are fully fit, I'm sure people understand that. Sorry about your friend and his dog, but as said, good they went together.

Nice to have you back Alex. I was wondering what was up with you not being here for a while. How's the kids?

Suzeanna does this neighbour just leave the dogs out in the garden overnight then? That's not fair on them or you. Definitely record their barking. Could you get hold of a decibel reader too?

I think my niece is going to take care of social media regarding the dog groomer. She loves Taz to bits and is very angry and upset over what happened to him. Taz is in good spirits today and has enjoyed a short walk although mainly on 3 legs. They were all home with him this morning and my sis-in-law is home all day so he's getting lots of love and attention. In fact my s-in-l confided to me recently that she loves him more than the (grown up) kids and my brother but I wasn't to let on to them that I knew that :laugh:

• Like 1

Yantan, the neighbour has a small extension/large porch thing which houses the washing machine and tumble dryer and the dogs have beds in there, he locks the main door into the house I presume, but leaves the door from the porch to the garden open so they can go out all the time, for the simple reason despite one being at least 6 and the other about 3 neither are house trained. He's an ignorant pig who uses the good old "rub their nose in it" approach. Funny that, didn't work for the older dog, hasn't worked for the younger one either!

Glad Taz is brighter today, that's going to put him off groomers for a very long time though, poor lad.

Suzeanna, hope you can sort something out with regards the noise.

Yantan, I think I have some claw caps here....depending on the size of Taz, they may help...laney suffered badly with his claws and they were a godsend. As for the groomer.....i would have kicked the living daylights out of her!!! But then I am a bit of a thug lol

Hi Alex, hope your ok and the dogs and kitties too

Jazz, you will have to get an extra bag

Had the tens machine on....no good, it will sort itself out I am sure

Poor Taz, hope some action will be taken. Groomer obviously unfit to do that work.

One dog on my urgent list has just been picked up by dog warden miles away, obviously got caught by a dishonest person then either escaped or was dumped. Very thin and tired, and glad to be home.

Isobel has her car back so she and Finlay are collecting us tomorrow to track an old dog in Leeds. Then resting up on Thursday. I am feeling a bit better. Part of it is the time of year. I always have a struggle in December. Hate the lack of light, hate Christmas and everything to do with it. Once we get to Solstice I always feel better. I should stop feeling like this, as I am very lucky at my age to be in reasonable nick.