UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Decembers Dishy Delights

Jazz

We are off to the vets with Archie for a 3.20 appointment. The DW reported that he was passing blood this morning. He'd had us up 2 or 3 time in the night and we thought it was the usual acid reflux problem so dosed him up as per usual. He's eating and isn't whinging, which he does if he's the slightest bit of colour so that's good - I hope! It's just at his age we don't want to take any chances.

Results weren't good..cancer is back. Not the same type as before though, this one needs chemo and the nodes are affected so will have to come out. I have to have a CAT scan next Tuesday and a bone scan, then back to the consultant on the 30th to get all results and plan treatment.

I am so sorry it wasn't the all clear Suzeanne - big hugs. We will all stay positive for you.

The vet couldn't find anything radically wrong with Archie other than a bit of tension in his tummy area. He gave him a probiotic paste to try out over the weekend. We already had an appointment for Monday morning, 2nd half of his vaxes, so the vet will check him over again then. According to the chart on the surgery wall Archie is around 83 in human years so if he so much as sniffles we will be at the vets with him. We don't want to take any chances!

• Like 1

Sorry Sam, a spelling error. It was Sarenga without r on on end, quite different and not that far from Kolkata. She meant to go for a year but the local situation became very unstable after Indira Gandhi was killed and the hospital authorities were concerned for mum as she had become very popular locally. There was strong anti-missionary feeling in the area, though medical missions like the Methodist one who sent her out were allowed. A European woman with a lot of people rushing to touch her feet and ask for blessings could not stay low profile. So she was put on a plane, which was fortunate as she turned out to have some horrid bacteria of the dysentery type so ended up in hospital as soon as she got home.

She felt that her work at Sarenga hospital was complete anyway. She had done the reorganistaion she had set out to do, and felt her role was now to fund raise and get freebies and cut price equipment and instruments from UK

manufacturers.

She sounds an amazing woman , well ahead of her time as well

I didn't know that, thanks Sam :flowers: I would be like you - I'd end up with it all over my face :laugh:

I have nearly drained myself on more than one occasion

So you all know what I will be trying out today then! Drinking from a bottle without my lips touching it. I wonder if I can video it as I try it out?

how did you get on ?

I was getting annoyed earlier listening to Jeremy Vine on the radio. Apparently they are debating the idea of removing bus passes from pensioners, also the free tv licence for the over 80's and maybe the fuel allowance. Listen here you lot, we don't all have MP's wages and their gold plated pensions! Because I paid a reduced stamp when my children were small and I worked, I get just over £50 a week pension. Probably what that lot get an hour! If they take away bus passes, the people like me who live in the semi rural areas and have to get a bus to get anywhere won't be able to afford it, so the buses will have less passengers and then they'll take buses off. Soooo, more people stuck indoors, watching the tv. Oh no sorry, they won't be able to as they can't afford the bloody licence.

I know HGLS if you are reading this you'll think lots of people worse off in India, Syria etc but I'm fed up with this country sending aid to every place in the world (including China. China???!!!) and we are last in the line. Rant over.

I don't there is any doubt in anyone's mind that people living in slums and poverty in India or refugees in Syria are suffering and certainly by UK standards they are "worse off", however, that does not mean that people in the UK are not also suffering , they just suffer in very different ways.

The UN call for developed countries to donate at least 0.7 % of gross income and the UK is one of the biggest donors, I read that the UK stopped bilateral aid to India at the end of 2015 because Indias economy is growing so fast.

Results weren't good..cancer is back. Not the same type as before though, this one needs chemo and the nodes are affected so will have to come out. I have to have a CAT scan next Tuesday and a bone scan, then back to the consultant on the 30th to get all results and plan treatment.

I am very very sorry to read that Suzeanna

I'm in for a fun time next week. CAT scan on Tuesday afternoon, then a bone scan on Thursday morning. For that one, I have a radioactive injection, then I go home for 2 to 3 hours then go back to go into the scanner, which will take up to an hour. I'm not good at lying on hard surfaces due to back trouble, so that should be interesting. Oh, and for the other scan I have to drink a litre of water before it. Great...I've got a hair trigger bladder, I think I'd better get some Tena lady just in case of accidents!