UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Notable News

suzeanna

Just had another deja vu moment. Does anyone remember the USA president in "Love Actually" ...

Wasn't it Billy Bob?

Love Actually has one of the most memorable movie scenes ever, or at least I think so. The one where Emma Thompson's character heads off to the bedroom after realising her husband is having an affair and quietly breaks down as Joni Mitchell is heard singing Both Sides Now. Gets me in the feels every time.

So do I! But TBH, till I'm done with my diving - I can cope without any cash. I'm just charging things to my room and I get drinks and snacks on the dive boat. I'm going to need cash before I go on my train journey though - that's a given. Food is included on that trip, but no drinks.

Interestingly there IS a way they can stop Trump being president as he's not actually elected "by the people" its the electoral college who elects the president and all they have done so far is "promise" him their votes which they won't actually cast until mid December apparently the "promises" aren't binding on many of the college voters and they could choose to be a "faithless elector" and give their votes to someone else - doesn't even have to be Hilary so long as whoever it is gets 270 votes, or if only a few take their votes away from Trump he won't have the required 270. Its only happened very very rarely but it has been done in the past so you never know ...

• Like 2

Karnataka. I've read some dodgy stuff about the ones on Kerula, but not much on the one in Karnataka. It's a Thomas Cook excursion, so they have to be health and safety (human and animal) approved. They stopped offering some trips because the animals weren't treated well (horse riding etc), so hopefully it will be ok. Am not going to ride an elephant - I think that's cruel.

If you saw some of the footage of them breaking the elephants you'd never go anywhere near those places, poor beasts are chained for months on end and beaten. Isn't white the colour of mourning over there, or am I confused? (I usually am!)

I've got a blood test this afternoon, then straight round to mammography department for my yearly check. Fingers crossed!

hope things are o.k Suzeanna

Jazz, hope you are feeling better soon

Snow...i never knew that...always hope i guess

Jayne, enjoy the train ride Lol

feeling like absolute sh8te today...been feeling really sick for 2 days and to be honest feeling dodgy for well over a week now...i started peeing blood again today..oh deep joy, i realy feel like going out and getting that drunk i can't walk Lol