UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Notable News

suzeanna

I said at the very beginning that America was daft enough to make him President. I wish I had put some money on it.

Maybe somebody will persuade him to think three times before he speaks.

I see the dollar has plummeted and the stock market had fallen. Chaos now reigns until everybody takes stock.

If they had made a film of this election and result everybody would have laughed and said it could never happen.

The next few days and months will be interesting.

• Like 1

I think he will find he doesn't have as much power as he thinks. No President does. Probably the saner Republicans will keep him in line. If they can't they can always get him assassinated and blame the opposition. Or am I being cynical?

• Like 4

I can't believe they voted him in :unsure: I am very worried for the world right now.

Got to Goa safe and sound. I have absolutely no money though - the Indian government decided yesterday that as of midnight last night, the 500 and 1000 rp notes were void. This led to panic and nobody has any other notes to sell apart from 500 and 1000 rp notes, but shops aren't accepting them. If they are, they can't give you any change. ATMs and banks are closed. I flew out here with a prepaid currency card and some cash to change (since you can only get Indian money in India :rolleyes: ). I've found nowhere that can change my money, so I'm stuck. I'm only bed and breakfast at the hotel as well :rolleyes: Thankfully the hotel is allowing me to charge drinks to my room and they have room service, so I hope the food is decent, as I'm stuck eating that until I can get to a bank :unsure:

I can't believe they voted him in :unsure: I am very worried for the world right now.

Got to Goa safe and sound. I have absolutely no money though - the Indian government decided yesterday that as of midnight last night, the 500 and 1000 rp notes were void. This led to panic and nobody has any other notes to sell apart from 500 and 1000 rp notes, but shops aren't accepting them. If they are, they can't give you any change. ATMs and banks are closed. I flew out here with a prepaid currency card and some cash to change (since you can only get Indian money in India :rolleyes: ). I've found nowhere that can change my money, so I'm stuck. I'm only bed and breakfast at the hotel as well :rolleyes: Thankfully the hotel is allowing me to charge drinks to my room and they have room service, so I hope the food is decent, as I'm stuck eating that until I can get to a bank :unsure:

So Clinton won the popular vote, but because the popular vote doesn't actually decide who's president, the orange one gets to be pres :rolleyes: The last time that happened they got George W Bush who must have been the most stupid president of all time. Wondering whether it is significant that today is 9/11 (obvs the British way round but still)?

Forgot to say, apparently Trump's celebration party had a cash bar, so he didn't even lay on drinks the tightwad.

• Like 1