UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Any Activities

Jazz

We are here! How is Harry's leg? Griff, hope whatever the problem is will not cause too much trouble.

I have been gardening and doing odd things around the house, also on the reserve a lot. We have mega trouble in the form of a trail bike gang and a quad bike gang. They are not nice people. Quad bikers have trashed several huge wooden 5 bar gates and threatened our shepherdesses. Trail bikers have been trashing habitat and booted a dent in the swan warden's car door. They haven't bothered anyone who ignores them, but are a menace to anyone who tries to stop them or warn them off a footpath. The police are helping and are determined to get this sorted, as this lot have been a nuisance all over the area.

Urrrgh Owl I hate people like that! Fortunately here, with it being a national park, they jump all over anything similar very, very, quickly. However this should be the norm EVERYWHERE. I hope they catch the blighters and they get more than a slap on the hand to deter them. Confiscation of their trail/quad bikes, hefty fines, prison term for threatening behaviour & criminal damage etc. etc..

I knocked a couple of brick walls down in my genealogy research although I also butted up against a couple of new ones. The bug has bitten me again so that's what I am doing - research, research, research.

We have had cases of vandalism before. What has really got to me this time is the appalling way they treated the swan warden and the shepherdesses. It was cowardly to say the least. Swan man is a gentle, white haired senior, and although the shepherdesses are strong competent women they are no match for a gang who outnumber them. We are all ***** furious. As well as fines and bike confiscation, I would like to see them spending all their non-working hours for the next year clearing up every bit of litter on the reserves, repairing gates and fences, and down on the river bank in the mud in all weathers pulling out all the Himalayan balsam. Prison won't knock enough sense into them.

• Like 1

i am here

Owl...that is dreadful, speaking from experience with prisons and a relative who has spent 3/4 of his life in and out of them i agree...prison doesn't work! He is quite happy to trot off to prison, 3 meal a day, doesn't have to work as my nan used to send him money and his friends have now taken on the role...the most inconveneint thing to him...sharing a room (as they don't have cells now Lol)

Yantan, pleased you have made a bit of progress

Went for luch with Steve yesterday, was absolutely lovely...he laughed when i said i would book a table, good job i did as it was packed and when we arrived all the walk ins were getting told a 50 minute wait for food!!!! We are going back again, was really good value and the food was lovely, it is an old mill so right by the river...lovely, it was £11 for the 2 meals and so much nicer than miller and carter....and that was extortinate and the food was o.k...not spectacular

harrys leg is better, hes using it, not fully, but more each day

saw the nurse. my blood is supposed to be 20 and its 71. the only sugar I have is a few sweets in an evening. she told me to stop them as they are the cause. I told her im not stopping them as ive had them for years, when my levels were ok. Don't smoke or drink, I am still alive so ill have something. she kept on. she can keep on

I've just taken delivery of a new 2017 calendar featuring Archie in amongst others. Our lovely DW has produced it from photos she takes on their daily walks. She is a good photographer with a real eye for composition. I'm ever so chuffed with it.

Good idea to have those thugs do something in the way of productive work at the place they've tried to destroy Owl.

Glad you had a nice lunch Griff.

Alicia give the sweets up. Just cut down on all your sugar intake for a wee while and see what difference it makes to your glucose levels. If they remain the same well then you've got an argument to continue having your sweets in the evening.

Evening.

*RANT ALERT*

I am absolutely livid :mad: The roofer who has not yet been back to finish the problems with the flat roof over the bay has sent me a bill for the work. The quote was £600 for repairs to the roof and redoing the bay roof, plus another £30 for some lead to go round the front of the bay. I've paid him £500 but there are problems to sort out with the bay roof which he said he was going to come back to fix and hasn't done. He's sent me a bill for £670 all in. He has made a right c*** up of the bay roof and it needs to be re-done for all sorts of reasons (not just because it looks horrible). I've left him a voicemail and text to tell him in no uncertain terms what I think and that if he wants his money then he needs to come back and redo the bay. Given the type of person he is I fully expect to get a call/text giving me an obnoxious/argumentative response. I hate conflict so normally I try to be as diplomatic as possible, even though he has tried my patience at times. This time he's just taking the p*ss so I allowed myself a knee jerk reaction (jerk being the operative word). No doubt when I've calmed down and/or had an argument with him I'll regret it but sometimes you just get pushed too far :mad:

Not helped by the fact that work is really pushing my limits at the moment, to the point that I can see myself looking for another job in the not too distant (that's if I'm not pushed first) :mad:

So all in all it's pretty sh*t here at the moment :rolleyes:

Edited by merledogs

Really sorry to see you are still having problems with that bay Alex - you really haven't had a lot of luck with roofers have you.

I'm here, have been a bit quiet lately mainly because I wanted to take a break from ranting about the neighbours which I seemed to be doing a lot of though thats because you lot have always been a good sounding board for me. Anyway they have been away for a few days and whilst the builder is still there working he has been pretty low profile but we're on tenterhools as we know the problem lot are due back imminently. Arggg see there I go again lol